PDA

View Full Version : Variety reviews Star Wars: Ep3...

Ibanezhead
05-06-2005, 11:58 AM
"Whatever one thought of the previous two installments, this dynamic picture irons out most of the problems, and emerges as the best in the overall series since "The Empire Strikes Back."

http://www.variety.com/VE1117927015.html

StephanD
05-06-2005, 12:09 PM
and emerges as the best in the overall series since "The Empire Strikes Back."

It's silly to compare the classics to the new version but whatever variety says :rolleyes:

I personally think tESB isn't the best,but it's darn good!

Gamoron
05-06-2005, 02:29 PM
I think that tESB is a band wagon. Everyone I know thinks that was the best film. Whatever. I personally was very surprised by how much I enjoyed tAotC so I'll give my opinion on this one once it comes out.

Dirtystimpy
05-06-2005, 04:01 PM
I think that tESB is a band wagon. Everyone I know thinks that was the best film. .

for me, I loved Return of the jedi the best......because when I saw it when I was a kid. When I got older more aware of movies etc, I realized it wasn't the best, and Empire was the best film imo. It wasn't because people were telling me it was either.

miketche
05-06-2005, 04:25 PM
I'm sure it's not a big secret what the outcome of this movie is going to be. But the article could contain some spoilers for some. So be warned.

I thought this quote was interesting.

"The technical achievement here is on such a high level that one is lulled into taking it for granted. Neither of the digitally shot recent episodes has looked consistently great, but this one does."

Mike

lestdog
05-06-2005, 05:20 PM
it's really just a bizarre world that lives in lucas's head.. He started with the idea that this new trilogy was going to be geared for little kids disapointing the hardcore fans of the orginals... then he goes and makes the final one pg-13... so we go from the goofy slapstick
episode one (reffering to the end when anikan accidently blows up the mother ship) to violent carnage in episode 3 that will probably leave young kids waking up in cold sweats.

I really get the feeling that lucas caved in on his orginal idea and made this last one for the true fans... which disapoints me cause I wish he's just listend them all along.

Ezekiel19
05-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Oh geesh u just wanted to be dssappointed for dissappointments sake.

Rye
05-07-2005, 03:03 AM
I think that tESB is a band wagon. Everyone I know thinks that was the best film.

Maybe they think that because it WAS the best film! Bandwagon shmandwagon ;)

lestdog
05-07-2005, 06:00 AM
Oh geesh u just wanted to be dssappointed for dissappointments sake.

I have yet to go to a movie in hopes that I'd be disappointed, who would do that?
I'm really looking forward to this movie, I'm ready to see some serious jedi carnage.
Go SITH!!! And bring back Darth Maul!!! :twisted:

Boone
05-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Re: Lestdog.

Yeah, I think Darth Maul was great - the light saber duel at the end of TPM was - IMHO - the best of all the films thus far. :)

I think the whole idea of the prequel trilogy was to visit the three different stages of Anakin's life - as a Child, as a Teenager and as a Young man. And so TPM was a kids film, AOTC was a teenager's film and ROTS will be an Adult film. We grow with the saga... ;)

CGTalk Moderation
05-07-2005, 11:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.