PDA

View Full Version : Texturing on a characters Blend shape head

Jenzvan
05-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Hi,

This is my fisrt time on CGTalk so excuse me if I sound a little confused (I am still a newby in 3D too!!). I am having problems with a POLY character I textured, blendshaped and rigged. When I import her (she is a robot girl named DINA) into my main scene (at this stage I am still busy with my 3D Animatic) the texture on her face (where the blendshapes are) just turn pitch black as soon as I rotate her 180 degress. When I rotate her back again the texture comes back. It almost looks like it "slides off" the geometry the more it is rotated. Yet, there is subtle hints on the surface that colour is still present... The texture is just a complex Shader network that I got from the Net but in this scene I replaced it with a plain Lambert Shader (one color) just for the 3D Animatic (less rendering time) and deleted all the texture nodes that weren't needed. (Am I rambelling yet??)

Anyway, if there is anyone who remotely thinks they can help me I will be eternally greatful. This is for a school project and is bogging me down big time!

Also, I might add: the Lambert shader works fine on the rest of the character and also on the Jaw (whick is a seperate surface but also has blendsapes in it).

Does the problem lie with the geometry or with the shader? Or somewhere else...?

Thank you again to Whomever!

Jenzvan

Jenzvan
05-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Hi,

I got the problem solved. It had to do with the normals on the geometry. I only had to set them to face and then apply a soften to it. Pretty easy considering I was busy trying everything else until midnight last night...

Anyways, bye!

Jenzvan

CGTalk Moderation
05-06-2005, 09:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.