PDA

View Full Version : live keying

farbeyonddriven
05-05-2005, 06:50 PM
i'm interested in a technique where live keying is involved, where rather than having all the fuss of color correction to match a keyed out footage on background layer during post, one can actually have a live preview monitor which will determine the positioning of artists in blue screen shots, lightings etc in situ,

its a bit hard to put it on to words but i suppose that there is a hardware(s)/machine that make live keying possible

i would like to get some info of it and would appreciate any inputs on it

Colincsl
05-05-2005, 09:44 PM
At school we use Alladin (a Pinnacle product). If we had a budget next year (the new equipment budget was cut and repairs cut in half :sad: ) we were planning to get a Draco green screening product.

Kai01W
05-05-2005, 10:16 PM
i'm interested in a technique where live keying is involved, where rather than having all the fuss of color correction to match a keyed out footage on background layer during post, one can actually have a live preview monitor which will determine the positioning of artists in blue screen shots, lightings etc in situ,

its a bit hard to put it on to words but i suppose that there is a hardware(s)/machine that make live keying possible

i would like to get some info of it and would appreciate any inputs on it

I think Ultimatte is sort of the industry standard for realtime keying (even in HD res).
http://www.ultimatte.com

-k

Whelkn
05-07-2005, 08:07 AM
if your schools is having budget cuts you may want to take a look at serious magics Ultra. Its a great keyer that is optimized for DV footage. Check it out.

Jeremy

Colincsl
05-08-2005, 02:27 AM
The problem with using Ultra is that we don't do post production. For our show we go straight from taping it to airing one period later (it's a high school). It would in no way be worth it to make a person put the footage through Ultra etc and remaster it. The Draco product is like Alladin (or Ultimatte or whatever you're used to) - it allows you to chromakey live.

Whelkn
05-08-2005, 06:51 AM
Then maybe I was thinking about DV rack from them aswell. It may do real time keying check that out.

farbeyonddriven
05-16-2005, 07:23 PM
well thx guys for the input and all, but i still think ultimatte is a bit expensive, a bit out of my league, has anyone tried the software? how does it go?

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2005, 07:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.