Has everyone seen this? Looks awesome!

http://www.darwindimensions.com/

-S

Gamoron
05-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Looks like a poser plugin for Maya.

ThomasMahler
05-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Why does everyone seem to hype this at the moment? I also read an article on CGChannel about that.

The movies I've seen didn't really impress me at all, the models that were generated were average, at best. And I just don't think that a "face generator" could ever give us better results than the ones a sculptor would get if he knows his craft.

I don't know, time will tell, but I don't really see how something like this could help in a production. Smells like the "Make Shrek" button and this doesn't and will never really work, I guess.

Flog
05-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Poser seems to be cheaper than this. Why go use a differant tool if you are going that route in the first place.

You might as well get another fully functioning program.

Folks hate Poser around these parts, but I think if you play with it enough and combine with other tools you can get a lot of work done in super time.

Poser is great for background characters. I know folks hate it but really do directors go out and hire every movie star out there for "extras" No. So why model every single background model if they are only going to be around for 1 second. Poser allows me to do bigger scale movies.

I just think there is no need for another tool such as this.

Below is one character changed into 3. The generic Poser 4 man changed and remodelled in Zbrush, each one took 5-10 minutes to get what I wanted for a background character.

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2005, 08:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.