PDA

View Full Version : volume effects (picking lights) & fx-tree lines

xmb
10-07-2002, 05:34 PM
hi

why cant i pick any lights when i add a volume effects node?
and why cant i see any lines between nodes in the fx-tree? its hard to imagine the connection (especially when you have a complex composite), i have to do it, because the lines arent displayed. is that a open-gl problem or what could it be?

thanks

EdHarriss
10-07-2002, 07:29 PM
You can't pick lights because there is a bug in the light picker. You either need to ask Softimage for the fix (QFE)

or script it.... All you have to do is connect your volume effects shader to the object and run this:

AddObjectsToShader "Spot", "Scene_Material.Volume_effects.scatter_lights_input"
Replacing "Spot" with the name of your light.

By the way, this text echoes in the text editor even when XSI crashes, so you can select it copy/paste it into a text file and then run it next time you launch XSI. Or you can have all the commands log to a file and copy the last command out of the log and run that next time you load your scene.

You can not see any lines between nodes in the fx-tree because you are using an unsupported graphics card or you need to update your drivers.

xmb
10-08-2002, 06:57 AM
thank you mr. harriss

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.