PDA

View Full Version : Maya to Lightwave Programs?

rjayx
10-07-2002, 04:27 PM
Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone is aware of any software products that let you port Maya scene files into Lightwave for rendering purposes on AMD machines. I have heard mention of something called the Beaver Project, but my understanding was that this is for Intel only. I appreciate in advance any information any of you might be able to provide.

SheepFactory
10-07-2002, 06:33 PM
yes there is the beaver project ,

I dont see what you mean by Intel only? , beaver has nothing to do with rendering , and Lightwave as far as I know renders happily with both Intel and Amd processors :shrug:

-wT-
10-09-2002, 08:41 PM
I don't think there's any programs that would only work with Intel and not AMD. Well maybe there's some programs that i.e. need some of the SSE2 instructions only in P4, that would make them Intel only... actually P4 only, but I don't think there's any other way to exclude AMD's processors from the compatibily list.

So worries about that.

Unless the programers somehow look up the processor the user is using, and if it's an AMD one, the application won't run, but that would be just pathetic stuff to do... so still no worries about that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.