PDA

View Full Version : Animations DVD

sphere
05-04-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up before, but I was just thinking that it would be a good idea to produce a DVD showcasing the short films and animations by the community here at CGTalk and CGNetworks. I'm thinking it could be much like the Expose series of books, but a DVD animation version. It could contain not only the best of animations but also behind the scenes and making of's. So essentially this DVD could be sold alongside the series of books by Ballistic Publishing or through CGProShop.com.

stewartjones
05-04-2005, 02:07 PM
This is a really cool idea!

It would be awesome for a 'behind-the-scenes' into stuff too! :)

jmBoekestein
05-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Sounds cool! Are they even watching this, Ballistic I mean.

hopper2k
05-06-2005, 03:26 AM
this would be a great idea, and something i would definetely buy, whether my animations are in it or not. ha!

jampoz
05-11-2005, 02:44 AM
That's a good idea, there are plenty of animations in CGtalk that would deserve such a place in store, I'd keep out the various reels and just include finished animations, there's plenty of 'em and will be hard enough to put 'em into a single DVD

For the behind-the-scene info it would be cool if each animation staff would take the time to make a web page with screenshots an explanations of techniques/tools used, in the Animation DVD they'd include both the animation and the local web page with explanation, wouldn't take much room and will be quite informative, wouldn't it?

It would be cool to have an animated behind-the-scene but don't think everyboy could do it and it will steal room for other cool animations

sphere
05-16-2005, 04:25 AM
Any other opinions on the suggestion?

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2005, 04:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.