PDA

View Full Version : Who's Excited for E3?!

Lord3d2
05-04-2005, 12:20 AM
While, I am not going this year, doesnt mean I still cant enjoy it.

What games/consoles are you most interested this year?

SheepFactory
05-04-2005, 12:25 AM
I cant wait to find out more about the new consoles. And I am hoping there will be new resident evil , MGS and GTA games being made for them.

greenj2
05-04-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm not really as excited by E3 as I used to be, if I had the choice I'd probably rather go to Japan's 'Spaceworld' event. Although I was looking forward to this years E3 after hearing that Nintendo would be revealing more details about their upcomming console 'Revolution'. Then I heard somewhere that they wouldn't be revealing anything. Anyone know for sure?

Don Kayote
05-04-2005, 12:35 AM
Battlefield 2 Roxor! :bounce:

[runs and hides]

ColinRoss
I've got the 3 days around E3 (17th-20th) off of both work and college, so I'll be sitting at home on me laptop all day taking in all the new goods we'll be seeing over the next 2 years or so.

I'll proberly watch Sonys and Nintendo's pre-E3 conferences live aswell, like I did last year.

I'm mostly interested in hearing how Nintendo's whole online plans are going to unfold, especially DS online games and when the service will actually commence.

Less than 2 weeks my friends!

Lord3d2
It seems that they are going to be announcing details but not have a playable unit where journalists and others can play it

ColinRoss
05-04-2005, 12:42 AM
It seems that they are going to be announcing details but not have a playable unit where journalists and others can play it

Is that in regards to Nintendo's next home console, or their DS online demonstrations?

The "rev" (or wot ever it's going to be called), will proberly only be there in video form showing trailers and what not.

But they'll definetly have the DS online service on demonstration there, and most likely a version of pokemon to go with that.

I'm also looking forward to info on Shadow of The Collosus on the PS2.

Lord3d2
05-04-2005, 12:45 AM
Is that in regards to Nintendo's next home console, or their DS online demonstrations?

The "rev" (or wot ever it's going to be called), will proberly only be there in video form showing trailers and what not.

But they'll definetly have the DS online service on demonstration there, and most likely a version of pokemon to go with that.

I'm also looking forward to info on Shadow of The Collosus on the PS2.

The DS Handheld wireless should be on the floors, the revolution I belive is only going to be shown in presentation form.

I BELIEVE, dont quote me :)

greenj2
05-04-2005, 01:02 AM
The DS Handheld wireless should be on the floors, the revolution I belive is only going to be shown in presentation form.

I BELIEVE, dont quote me :)

Good enough for me man, a presentation would be great. Just to put an end to all the speculation and rumors flying around and put some details in concrete. I'm also interested in DS Online, although because I live in Australia I doubt we'd ever get a taste of it. Would be nice to be able to download games demos like players in Japan can do too. :shrug:

circle frame
05-04-2005, 01:04 AM
well Im excited about the PS3

Lord3d2
05-04-2005, 01:06 AM
I have no idea what Sony is doing with PS3, just know its not coming out this year

DevilHacker
05-04-2005, 01:26 AM
Me? Excited about E3?
Defiantly. I am looking forward to getting some solid tech specs of the PS3, and the Xboxs successor. (I am positive that the Xbox2 will be more powerful, but just want some proof) Though I am excited about E3 this year, I am not as much as usual. Mostly because of my (upcoming) entry in the UGA mini-challenge (link (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=236085)). And also because I just got the coolest book ever made (link (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0079121969/ref=wl_it_dp/103-1359089-4640656?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=I287V7ANE4PGK5&v=glance&colid=2XNE074330D14)), over the design of gas turbine and jet propulsion engines for use in aerospace, which seriously has me the most excited! I cant describe the amount of Information in this book! It feels like Christmas!

heavyness
05-04-2005, 02:59 AM
xbox 360
nintendo revolution
ps3
ds goes online

3 major systems and of course, more games then you can swing a stick at! can't wait! wish i was there, but i'll be online checking everything out. i know G4 is giving like an hour worth of coverage everyday [should be like 5+ hours] and i know gamespot.com has good coverage ever year. and of course, i'm sure we will be posting like crazy too.

maybe we should just have 1 thread of nothing but "NEWS OF E3". and if we want to comment, comment in the "DISCUSS E3" thread. that way, we wont have to dig through multiple threads for new news.

heavyness
05-04-2005, 03:02 AM
forgot about this...

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8171/Gears-of-War-Sighted-at-OurColonyNet/

http://www.ourcolony.net/images/logos/21212121.jpg

this was today's "reward" pic from ourcolony.net [ourcolony is a ARG that is hyping the Xbox 360]. soooo, this is a screen shot of an upcoming Xbox 360 game. and if you read the article, it matches what Epic has been showing..... ummm um.

slackjaw10
05-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Actually, I'm looking forward to it more than I have for the past couple of years because I recently got a PSP and can't wait to see what kind of games I can look forward to. *prays to the Sega gods for a portable Virtua Fighter*

lovisx
05-04-2005, 03:07 AM
I'm a big nintendo fan as well. Looking forward to see what the revolution has to say.

MosaFacku
05-04-2005, 03:14 AM
wow. that ourcolony.net pic is remarkably unremarkable.

PhilOsirus
05-04-2005, 03:28 AM
I'm really waiting for the PS3 news, and hopefully some Metal Gear glimpse, altho other than a picture with a Metal Gear caption I don't expect much more:)

ppself
05-04-2005, 03:38 AM
well i wish i could go, just to hang out. but i know that whatever there showing at E3 wil be online with pics and video the next day. so why pay the $$$. And i know some guys will say, its all about the E3 girls. But i say those guys need to get out more becaseu those girls get uglier and uglier every year.

rakmaya
05-04-2005, 03:56 AM
well i wish i could go, just to hang out. but i know that whatever there showing at E3 wil be online with pics and video the next day. so why pay the $$$. And i know some guys will say, its all about the E3 girls. But i say those guys need to get out more becaseu those girls get uglier and uglier every year.

LOL, you got it. But it really is a show out there. It is like being on the Stock exchange only with better looking things. Unlike last time, I won't be going. For ceratin family reasons :banghead: :cry: Well, like you said, internet is always there to rescue:)

Kion
05-04-2005, 09:01 AM
I'll be there too, this year should be huge with all the new console's coming out.

NanoGator
05-04-2005, 09:33 AM
There's a rumor floating around that the discs for the Revolution will have a flash chip with them for save games.

NFI if that's true or not. But it is worth mentioning that when the Playstation was a SNES addon, the discs were supposed to be in caddies with chips.

HapZungLam
05-04-2005, 05:53 PM
I looked over on the E3 list. Nothing really interest me execpt SoulCal 3. The new console? I don't think they'll have much update on them.

heavyness
05-04-2005, 06:01 PM
I looked over on the E3 list. Nothing really interest me execpt SoulCal 3. The new console? I don't think they'll have much update on them.

are you kidding me? Sony and MS have been trying to beat each other out of the gate and show their's first. MS is having a special on MTV on the 12th and both will be showing more at their conferences the day before E3. and Nintendo is showing off the Revolution.

here is to hoping they just don't show an empty system then some video. i want to see the real working things with people playing demos!s

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2005, 06:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.