Weird how what I said sounds almost exactly the same as what you said!:D

alexyork
05-04-2005, 01:49 AM
yeh, what he said! :D

hypercube
05-04-2005, 01:58 AM
I can't wait for this to be gorgeous!

No, wait, that's not it.

Looks really cool, Tilda's a great choice for the queen also. Though there was still something not gelling quite as nicely as LOTR in the other materials they've shown so far, even with so many of the same crew involved. That said, it does look better at every turn..hope to get a proper trailer soon.

leigh
05-04-2005, 07:09 AM
Pity about the bad compression on the pics... but they sure do look promising :drool:

Lord3d2
05-04-2005, 02:31 PM
I didnt do that, thats how I recieved it from Disney :)

trailer is coming out soon

kirouac
05-04-2005, 06:27 PM
I saw the preview and i can't wait,that horrible to show trailer like that! people don't have the right to do that. :cry: still a lot of month before the premier! and the next movie will be about World of warcraft ! could be cool, nah ?

Matt Leishman
05-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Though there was still something not gelling quite as nicely as LOTR in the other materials they've shown so far, even with so many of the same crew involved.

what exactly are you referring to here? I thought that most people on this board would know by now that WETA Digital is doing NONE of the visual fx on this movie. Half of the vfx shots are being done here at R+H, and the other half are being done at Imageworks. Small bits may get farmed out to other studios, but the bulk of the work is being done at those 2 places. WETA workshop worked on the costumes and physical sets, but WETA digital is doing none of the visual fx.

DZL
05-04-2005, 06:52 PM
i think these stills look fantastic... i agree with leigh, it'd be nice if they were of better quality - but i'll take what i can get. i really enjoyed these books as a kid, and can't wait to see this on the big-screen.

hypercube
05-04-2005, 07:14 PM
what exactly are you referring to here? I thought that most people on this board would know by now that WETA Digital is doing NONE of the visual fx on this movie. Half of the vfx shots are being done here at R+H, and the other half are being done at Imageworks. Small bits may get farmed out to other studios, but the bulk of the work is being done at those 2 places. WETA workshop worked on the costumes and physical sets, but WETA digital is doing none of the visual fx.

Seeing as they showed NONE of the visual fx so far, unless there was a trailer I haven't seen, I was referring to what they DID show, which was the featurette on the physical costumes and props, which WETA Workshop DID do.

Matt Leishman
05-04-2005, 07:29 PM
ahh, clarity for all.

didn't mean to sound short hypercube, if i did that's my bad. Almost everyday we hear, "you guys are doing the vfx on Narnia?? I thought WETA was doing that!", and i guess (speaking for myself of course) we get a little frustrated that many people don't seem to know yet that someone else is working on this film. Maybe I should focus my frustration more on our PR department or something eh? :blush:

Tryn
05-05-2005, 02:41 AM
everyone in New Zealand is involved, doncha know :P WETA, Jackson, and anything filmed in NZ are synonymous to a lot of people, even in this country.

RobertoOrtiz
05-12-2005, 08:17 PM
High resolution versions:

http://www.disneydatabase.com/media_index.php?subject=298&st=movies&maincat=images&cat=promoimg&type=opm

-R

Pyke
05-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Really looks good..makes me want to attempt to go back and read the Narnia books...I just couldnt get past that style of writing. Ug. ;/

DAZZAN
05-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Since i gave a bit of a negative stance on the last thread with the "Teaser",I will shut it now,but im gonna sing like a harpie if im right about whats comeing our way december time.

CGTalk Moderation
05-13-2005, 08:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.