PDA

View Full Version : Render with multiple machines

flangust
05-03-2005, 10:07 PM
I know this is possible with Shake. But here's what I've got: a 15 in Powerbook with OSX, and an old eMac running Yellow Dog Linux.
I was wondering how I would go about setting up the eMac with YDL to help with Shake rendering.
I suppose I should delve into the manual, but figured I'd ask anyway.

beaker
05-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Shake only runs on x86 linux, not powerpc. You have to reinstall OSX to run Shake. Also OSX render lics are free, where linux ones are $1900 each.

flangust
05-05-2005, 09:58 PM
ok thanks.

If I set up the eMac to dual boot YDL and OSX, could I be in YDL and still be able to render with the comp, or would it have to be booted into OSX??

beaker
05-06-2005, 12:50 PM
How are you running shake under YDL?

flangust
05-11-2005, 01:35 AM
I'm not yet, I'm just searching for all the info I can before I try anything set up. Plus I'm not trying to run all of Shake through YDL, I just want to get qmaster to work, so could render with the YDL machine. I don't even know if this is possible but I'd like to try and figure it out. It'd be very helpful...

beaker
05-11-2005, 06:54 AM
I said in my earlier post that Shake only runs on linux under x86, not PowerPC. Which is why I asked how you are going to run shake under YDL because you seemed to have ignored my previous statement. Shake gui, shake nongui, qmaster, it doesn't matter, none of them run under linux on powerpc.

flangust
05-11-2005, 06:27 PM
well looks like I might be setting my eMac back into being a dual boot again....

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2005, 06:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.