sternio
05-03-2005, 10:21 PM
I got the model, gotta do it
-M

sternio
05-04-2005, 09:14 PM
http://www.sternio.com/cgtalk/clown_01.jpg

Ok so here is the quick floor plan.

A whistle blows, and the clown jumps into a poised position. A pie is thrown, the clown avoids it by dodging right, another pie is thrown, the clown avoids it by dodging left. The clown then stops and laughs at the thrower for missing twice, at which point he is hit square in the face.

thoughts anyone?

Remi
05-04-2005, 10:54 PM
I think it's a good idea...perhaps instead of him dodging both in the same manner maybe he could let one go between the legs...so he would dodge to the side for one...and on the other he would tip toe and the other would pass between his legs....I think that would make it a bit more interesting and alot less symmetrical. Good job though...keep going:buttrock:

Slurry
05-05-2005, 12:36 AM
Another idea to add on to Remi's is to perhaps have some pies come at him in rapid-fire.

So he has to contort his body into different poses very quickly to escape being hit. It also builds up the risk and makes it funnier when he get's hit by a single pie.

Just a thought.

Art

sternio
05-05-2005, 03:11 AM
really good ideas, that would be funny, if he dodged like 25 pies than started laughing and got hit with the last one

sternio
05-05-2005, 05:34 AM
http://www.sternio.com/cgtalk/clown_02.jpg

So now the first two come really quickly and the clown dodges them. Then they start firing at him rapidly and he dodge every which way until they stop. He then points and laughs at the thrower, and is hit dead on.

Looking at it now, it may be more of a twist to have the final pie come from a different direction like the side or back.

SirRon
05-05-2005, 08:04 AM
Or from a little girl who taps his back and pies him in the face :D

The new boards work better. I think the Spiderman movies would give some inspiration on ways to dodge. Keep it up :)

grstovell
05-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Great last storyboard!

I wonder if any 'bullet-time" pie ala=matrix dodging is in order here. I've never animated slow-motion. That would be an interesting challenge.

-g

sternio
05-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Thx for all of te feedback.
I am going to stay away from the bullet-time, just because I have seen it immitated so many times before. I am going to stick with the spiderman type moves.

The little girl idea is pretty funny, except that would require another character.

Maybe a huge pie could fall from the ceiling and squash him.

Remi
05-05-2005, 05:52 PM
How bout an anvil. Just a thought.....but Chuck would be proud:)

sternio
05-05-2005, 07:07 PM
an elephant perhaps,

at this point I am going to go with the pie from the side, I think that could work

Slurry
05-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Mike, the new boards are looking rally nice. I think you've got something good here. THe Spidey references are perfect - just what I was thinking.

I agree you should stay away from the bullet-time stuff: over done.
I'm looking forward to this one. I love how it's progressing!

Art

sternio
05-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Thx Art, I am going to block it out over the weekend and post on Monday.

Aenvil
05-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Great idea you have there, I definitely agree with pie from the side.

Look forward to seeing your blocking.

If there's time, have your clown turn around then start walking away, BOOM pie from the side.

J

SirRon
05-06-2005, 06:12 PM
How about a pie creature with just legs walks up to the clown. The clown would be like "what the heck?" And BAM! the pie creature leaps at his face.

or do something like Gulliver's Travels and have the clown surrounded by miniature pie people trying to take him down.

Ok, maybe this might be a little too fantasy for a circus audition.

Just throwing ideas that might inspire you :D

gra7
05-06-2005, 06:46 PM
greattt.. here the link is broken.. =/

sternio
05-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Thx for all the input guys. I think I am going to stick with the pie from the side, just for my sanity's sake.

sternio
05-10-2005, 04:56 AM
Tested out a couple of poses...
http://www.sternio.com/cgtalk/poseTest.mov

Slurry
05-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Looking pretty good Mike. The only suggestion I would give is to not return to your set pose every time. Maybe use that time to add more dodge poses.
But it all comes down to how you want to pace it. The extremes are really nice.

Art

sternio
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like I may have to bail on this. I have too much going on at animationmentor. I can't fit the time in to work on both.

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.