PDA

View Full Version : Lighting/material help.

avenged
05-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Can anyone give me any good lighting techniques, as to how I may be able to put a light in the sky and light up the whole scene with no dark sky instead of a light directly above an object..or I am just doing it the wrong way..i'm not quite sure how to put a light up in a render to produce some results like this, which I am trying to do. Also can someone perhaps give me a close way to produce this texture, I always put the Color on the material to white, but it never comes out white. Same with the Reflection option. =/

http://biorust.com/tutorials/cinema4d-hypernurbs/colunfinal.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to do this? And yes, I am a n00b at c4d, but also willing to learn whatever I can. I've searched google etc countless times but found nothing to what i've looked for. Thanks for any help given.

.aVeNgEd.

vancliff
05-15-2005, 06:49 AM
A good way to lighten a scene is to put a spot light with soft shadow. in order to be sure the light is in the proper position, you can select the light and select the command in the window Cameras-> Link Active Object. In this way you get a light view so you can aim the light the way you want over your object. The light color should be a light blueish color

Secondly, if you want to achieve a good white material, use brightness to 100%, and according to what you are showing in the sample make a reflection of about 20-25%

CGTalk Moderation
05-15-2005, 06:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.