PDA

View Full Version : CINEMA 4D companion offer for Lightwave 3D User

Srek
05-03-2005, 08:11 PM
This summer's hot offer! MAXON is offering owners of LightWave 3D the opportunity to stock up their 3D arsenal.

Want to save Euro 1,000.- and get a few extras to top it off?

Arm yourself with MAXON's award-winning CINEMA 4D and experience stability, exceptional speed and easy usability - benchmarks CINEMA 4D users have enjoyed for years.

Why should you stock up your arsenal with the LightWave Companion Bundle? Here are just a few reasons why:

State-of-the-art modelling tools
File import and export from LightWave 3D to CINEMA 4D and back
Perfect compatibility with Programs such as AfterEffects, Combustion, FinalCut, Motion, Vectorworks, Allplan, Archicad and many more
Legendary rendering speed thanks to Advanced Render 2
A new dimension of fabric and clothing simulation with Clothilde
Character animaton with the entire world of MOCCA 2 at your disposal
A new level of particle animation with Thinking Particles
and much much more!
Also included is a layout especially designed to accomodate your work habits, which makes entering the world of CINEMA 4D even easier. Once you've stocked up your arsenal simply download the layout and scheme:

- As SIT-Archiv (ftp://ftp2.maxon.net/pub/schemes/lwcompanionset.sit) (ca. 50KB) for MAC users
- As ZIP-Archiv (ftp://ftp2.maxon.net/pub/schemes/lwcompanionset.zip) (ca. 50KB) for Windows users

Check out CINEMA 4D on the web and find out more.

You think it's difficult and arduous to learn a new tool? Well, think again. Our LightWave Companion mini-tutorial will show you just how easy learning a new tool can be.

In addition, Paul Everett's extremely fast preview render engine, SniperPro, delivers preview renderings that support EVERY function CINEMA 4D has to offer.

CINEMA 4D's LightWave 3D Companion Bundle will only be available until July 31, 2005:

CINEMA 4D R9 XL Bundle including:

Advanced Render 2
Thinking Particles
MOCCA 2
PyroCluster
NET Render 3-Clients
Companion Special CD:

SniperPro from Paul Everett (www.tools4d.com (http://www.tools4d.com/))
Companion tutorial
Video tutorials
LW-scheme for CINEMA 4D
Visit http://www.maxon.net for more

ThirdEye
05-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Wow! Great offer for Lightwave users for sure!!

here's the direct link tho http://www.maxon.net/pages/specials/lwcompanion_e.html
and here are the FAQ's http://www.maxon.net/pages/support/tutorials/lwcompanion/e/faq.html

RangTang
05-03-2005, 09:19 PM
File import and export from LightWave 3D to CINEMA 4D and back
C4D has excellent LWS import with animation data, but I would love the "and back" to be true.
I would like to know how do you do this?

ThirdEye
05-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Cinema4D can easily import both LWO and LWS files. The "back" part is probably related to the FBX file format.

Alan Daniels
05-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Just to clarify, it is *not* part of the deal that you have to trade in your LW dongle, correct? I doubt that's the case, but I decided to ask anyway since I don't see any mention of the deal's conditions in the FAQ.

imashination
05-03-2005, 09:43 PM
It wouldnt be much of a companion if you lost one would it? :-)

Alan Daniels
05-03-2005, 09:51 PM
It wouldnt be much of a companion if you lost one would it? :-)

Aye, true, but never hurts to be sure, eh? ;)

MooseDog
05-04-2005, 04:58 AM
sounds suspiciously like newtek's competitive upgrade special run last month.

ya see, capitalism works:thumbsup: for you and me.

leigh
05-04-2005, 06:06 AM
sounds suspiciously like newtek's competitive upgrade special run last month.

Ermm... ALL software vendors offer competitive upgrades from time to time. NewTek didn't invent them, nor is this offer from Maxon some form of industrial espionage.

Come on guys, let's keep the peace here.

ThirdEye
05-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Plus this is not a give this get that, it's a get that, period.

bkn
05-09-2005, 09:29 AM
I have X4D XL7, but I decided to move to LW instead.
The main reason for this was because I'm really unhappy with the way Maxon handles its customers. First of all I would have to deal with the Swedish distributor, who usually took a couple of weeks to reply to a simple mail request, and also pay a higher price than customers ordering directly from Maxon in Germany etc (prices are always inflated in Scandinavia).
This new offer from Maxon is just another example of the way this scheme works.
Now I can suddenly get a much lower price for upgrading my LW to C4D XL9++ than if I upgrade my XL7 version! A normal upgrade from XL7 would be £999, but from LW it would be £695 (I would of course have to pay more than that because of the C4D monopoly resellers system).
How is that for rewarding your own customers for being loyal??
Once you're on the train you're expected to stay there and just pay what you're charged...
:banghead:

ghopper
05-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Plus this is not a give this get that, it's a get that, period.

Not necessarily. It's always worth to contact Maxon or a C4D distributer to ask for a specific deal.

Srek
05-09-2005, 09:59 AM
I have X4D XL7, but I decided to move to LW instead.
The main reason for this was because I'm really unhappy with the way Maxon handles its customers. First of all I would have to deal with the Swedish distributor, who usually took a couple of weeks to reply to a simple mail request, and also pay a higher price than customers ordering directly from Maxon in Germany etc (prices are always inflated in Scandinavia).
This new offer from Maxon is just another example of the way this scheme works.
Now I can suddenly get a much lower price for upgrading my LW to C4D XL9++ than if I upgrade my XL7 version! A normal upgrade from XL7 would be £999, but from LW it would be £695 (I would of course have to pay more than that because of the C4D monopoly resellers system).
How is that for rewarding your own customers for being loyal??
Once you're on the train you're expected to stay there and just pay what you're charged...
:banghead:

Sorry to hear about your problems with the distributor. I don't know which one you are talking about since there are two. A few months ago we got Creative Tools on board and they are realy going out of their way to help users. The very active and helpfull swedish CINEMA forum is hosted by them.
XL 7 is more then four years old and there were three upgrades since then. R6 is basicaly for free now (6 CE / CE+) and honestly i can't see the point why someone who did not need an upgrade for over four years should have an advantage to someone who just decided to put his faith in a Maxon product. Loyal customers that upgrade from R8 or 8.5 get a much larger discount then is offered with the LW companion bundle.
As for the reseller system, yes resellers need to earn some money, but like Creative Tools and many others they also offer additional services to their customers. Also if you take a closer look at taxes / customs etc. the differences between the Maxon offers and the distributors aren't that big.
Cheers
Björn

bkn
05-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems with the distributor. I don't know which one you are talking about since there are two. A few months ago we got Creative Tools on board and they are realy going out of their way to help users. The very active and helpfull swedish CINEMA forum is hosted by them.
Maybe it's a good idea to update your web page then? I was not aware of the new distributor, because when I select Norway I'm only presented with one distributor, Programpaketet. I now found out that if I select Sweden I get two, and when I go to the distributors page I see that Programpaketet isn't even supposed to handle Norway any longer - only Finland ad the Baltic countries!
But why 2 in Sweden and none in Norway?
And why can't I order from the distributor I want to, and get the best price when there's no reseller in my own country anyway? It's no more hassle to order from Germany than from Sweden. And all the support I've had for C4D has been from Germany or UK anyway.

XL 7 is more then four years old and there were three upgrades since then. R6 is basicaly for free now (6 CE / CE+) and honestly i can't see the point why someone who did not need an upgrade for over four years should have an advantage to someone who just decided to put his faith in a Maxon product. Loyal customers that upgrade from R8 or 8.5 get a much larger discount then is offered with the LW companion bundle.
But when C4D8 was released it was also quite expensive to upgrade from XL7. I actually tried to order the upgrade directly from Germany, but I was not allowed to order from Germany/UK. That's when I left the "train". as I refused to deal with Swedish distributor any more.
I still find it very strange though that "old" Maxon customers are punished because they didn't buy all the upgrades, while non-customers can get the discount. AFAIK the recent LW competitive upgrade offer was also offered to existing/old Newtek customers. You could even use it to buy additional licences/seats. Makes your customers feel a lot better IMHO.

BTW, I just found that on your distributors page there actually is yet another company selling C4D in Norway, Dakantus, but when checking their web pages I didn't find one word about C4D...

As for the reseller system, yes resellers need to earn some money, but like Creative Tools and many others they also offer additional services to their customers. Also if you take a closer look at taxes / customs etc. the differences between the Maxon offers and the distributors aren't that big.
If I could buy it from inside Norway I agree that would be an issue, but when I have to order from abroad anyway I'll still have to pay all the samme taxes and fees (25%VAT etc) no matter which country I get it from. In fact I may even have to pay more if buying from Sweden because to avoid customs fees it has be ordered from the country of origin.
And yes, of course resellers need to earn some money, but why do resellers in Scandinavia have to earn so much more money than in other countries? Maxon resellers are far from the worst here though, but if we could buy from whatever country we want it would hopefully force resellers with inflated prices to adjust them down.

CiaránMurphy
05-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi there Srek, I'm wondering about the Euro price. On your German site you have it as €999 inc VAT and that's fair enough because the US price is $999 ex sales tax (I presume). But can anyone from the Euro area buy it at that price? I'm in Ireland and buying in Sterling is a pain! Is that Sterling price inc/ex VAT?

grundgedanke
05-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Hi there Srek, I'm wondering about the Euro price. On your German site you have it as €999 inc VAT and that's fair enough because the US price is $999 ex sales tax (I presume). But can anyone from the Euro area buy it at that price? I'm in Ireland and buying in Sterling is a pain! Is that Sterling price inc/ex VAT?

$ and £ prices are without tax. for more information you should contact you local reseller or, if available, maxon. in that case you should contact maxon uk.

cheers

CiaránMurphy
05-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Opps $995 in US... silly me!

CiaránMurphy
05-09-2005, 01:22 PM
£695 ex Vat = around £817inc Vat which is €1200!! That's 25% dearer in UK/Ireland if you take the German price as a base :(
Still it's a great offer and I'll be lookin into it!

Srek
05-09-2005, 02:27 PM
I was not aware of the new distributor, because when I select Norway I'm only presented with one distributor, Programpaketet.

Since you asked for sweden i wrote about swedish distributors.

I now found out that if I select Sweden I get two, and when I go to the distributors page I see that Programpaketet isn't even supposed to handle Norway any longer - only Finland ad the Baltic countries!
But why 2 in Sweden and none in Norway?

I don't know, sadly we can't find a distributor for every country.

And why can't I order from the distributor I want to, and get the best price when there's no reseller in my own country anyway?
Every Maxon distributor sells CINEMA. If a distributor can't sell you a Maxon product please contact your nearest Maxon office.

But when C4D8 was released it was also quite expensive to upgrade from XL7.

The upgrade from XL 7 to the R8 XL Bundle was available for €595 which i personaly find extremely reasonable given the hughe improvements over R7.

Cheers
Björn

bkn
05-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Sorry for this late reply, but I was knocked over by the Flue for a few days..

I understand that you can't have a distributor in every country, but it would help a lot if you didn't give those distributors exclusive rights to all sales in their region.
When I tried to order the XL8 upgrade I had a long discussion with Maxon people, but as I refused to buy from the reseller "assigned" to me I felt I had no other choice than to skip the entire upgrade. Not because I was unhappy with C4D, but because of the monopolistic distribution system.

I just checked with the only Norwegian reseller, and was told that the LW companion offer would cost me NOK 10900 (ex.VAT).
At todays currency exchange rates that is USD 1737.02.
That is $738 more than the official $999 offer !!

Can you understand why I hate this system with exclusive regional resellers?
Maybe your resellers are happy with it, but I doubt that C4D users living in such price-inflated areas are very happy.
I'm defiinitely not happy!
And it is sad, because I still think C4D is a great product, but with a bad dsitribution policy.

Srek
05-12-2005, 12:42 PM
At todays currency exchange rates that is USD 1737.02.
That is $738 more than the official $999 offer !!

I've forwarded this to our head of sales here at Maxon HQ, sounds like something went wrong here.
Cheers
Björn

morimitsu
05-12-2005, 01:10 PM
R6 is basicaly for free now (6 CE / CE+)

I heard that somewhere, but didn't find a place to download.
Anyone here where can I get it for free?

StephanD
05-12-2005, 01:20 PM
He said basically,meaning that you'll get it if you're subscribed to one of the magazines that supplied it a while ago.

I think there was a beginner's 3d course organized by a member which lets subscribers download it.

Never got a chance to get my hands on but I'd surely use it.

CGTalk Moderation
05-12-2005, 01:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.