PDA

View Full Version : Larry Winfrey -- Circus Auditions -- Tight Rope Walker

nomadicrain
05-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Just want to put in my name for my first challenge. I look forward to it. The idea is for a comical yet sad look at a Fledgling tight rope walker. More details to come.

nomadicrain
05-04-2005, 03:19 PM
http://img108.echo.cx/img108/6681/thumbs7pi.png
There are the thumbs for my animation. Will post a description shortly.

nomadicrain
05-04-2005, 05:03 PM
I know, I know...I can't draw to save my life. But here is what the thumbs represent
I will be using the Generi Rig for this project

1 & 2. Acrobat is standing on the platform, scared to death because he has never done this before. He is very frightened but wants to be in the circus so he sucks it up and steps out.

3 & 4. He steps out on the wire and despite some early balance and fear issues, finds out that it isn't so difficult and puffs out his chest proudly at having not fallen yet.

5. He notices out of the corner of his eye- something that startles and frightens our now confident tight rope walker.

6. What did he notice---A CANON! Aimed straight at him by a mischivious(sp?) Generi holding the firing rope. M.Generi yanks the rope and the canon fires

7. Walker falls off of rope but catches himself with his balance pole.

8. Something(not decided yet) lands or hits the pole that is keeping him from falling - kills the balance and our walker falls

Let me know what you think. C&C Very welcome

Remi
05-04-2005, 06:43 PM
I think you have a good idea...I think it might be a bit too much action going on in short period of time. Perhaps removing the canon firing and just having him be confident, and then on his first step he takes his over confidence gets the best of him. Perhaps he has his head up and eyes closed as he takes that first step and misses the rope completely. I think you could have some fun with some poses there. Just and idea. But perhaps your original idea will work too...I just thought it would be better if you kept the focus on the main char.:) Keep going:buttrock:

nomadicrain
05-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the reply Remi. I will take that into consideration. I am going to start blocking things out today so I will see how the timing works both ways.

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2005, 09:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.