PDA

View Full Version : ???? Bone & Ik Deformations ?????

AYHAN
02-15-2002, 12:31 PM
???? Bone & Ik Deformations ?????
lightwave :

""" low poly. model in bone & Ik very slow deformation model ??? what must I do to make to fast deformations ?""""""

Chewey
02-15-2002, 07:04 PM
Please explain in more detail about the slow ik you are experiencing meaning during what operations are you finding the speed too slow.

I use an old and slow p2 400 mhz machine and the ik seems fast enough in LW7b. If you are moving ik nulls and expect to see the poly mesh deform in real time as you move the null I think you are expecting too much. I always set my bounding box threshold to 0 so that I can move my ik nulls and rotate bones very quickly. I just let lightwave refresh the view of the displaced mesh after I'm finished translating the ik and skeletal elements. With the bounding box set to 0 I've been able to have ik chains with 6 elements involved respond reasonably quickly even on my older machine.

Mike RB
02-15-2002, 07:45 PM
also set all your subpatch objects to display 0

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.