PDA

View Full Version : Columbus, Ohio Chapter

Cityboy
05-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Hello Everyone. I am not sure if one is formed yet but a Columbus, Ohio Chapter would be great. I don't know of many CG artists here but it would be great to mingle with like minded people. If anyone is interested lets make it happen.

SovereignKnight
05-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Whoa! There really is another person here from Columbus. I seriously thought I was the only one. The Midwest isn't fairing too well against the coasts and Australia in terms of CG-minded people.

thewave
05-17-2005, 04:46 AM
You may not realize it, but in Indianapolis there are some great college level 3D education programs. I know of at least 10 or 15 people in the 3D realm in Indianapolis alone. I bet we could put together a tri-state midwest chapter consisting of Indiana, Ohio, and maybe Illinois for the people who don't want to drive to Chicago.

Let me know what you think.

Cityboy
05-17-2005, 01:25 PM
I think that would be a great idea. Hopefully everyone would be willing to form this union. I myself don't have a huge problem traveling if the cause is productive. First thing is is there a particular entity that we contact in order to make it official or is it a thing where we just say we will meet at this place at this particular time.

SovereignKnight
05-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Count me in. I'm not currently in the industry, for a couple of reasons, but it's definitely where I'd like to be. I've been fairly unsuccessful finding like-minded people here in Columbus though, so an chance to meet up with others would be great.

:)

Chiaroscuro
05-18-2005, 03:13 PM
I am located in Columbus, I can meet with you all, and I think it would be a good idea. I would like to be in the industry on a more "entertainment" level, and I would like to have some others to discuss and find solutions to these issues. Just to have some folks to sit around and talk shop for a while would be great.

I already have the undergrad degree from OSU, and have been hammering away for about four years on my skills at home, and am really getting better now.

Lets pick a date and time to meet!

Cityboy
05-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Hello everyone or should I say few. I spoke to "Chiaroscuro" earlier today and we agreed to meet at the Barnes and Noble @ Easton next Thursday (June 2). So "SovereignNight" and everyone else interested, if you are able to meet, just PM either one of us and we can exchange numbers. Take care!

SovereignKnight
05-27-2005, 04:24 AM
That sounds cool, but unfortunately my job (which pretty much gets in the way of everything) will force me to have to skip this time. Thursdays are bad days for me. Hit me up for the next one though.

Chiaroscuro
05-31-2005, 08:10 PM
I'll be there. What would be a good time for u for next time, SK?

Chiaroscuro
06-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Hello all! We have rescheduled the meeting to Tuesday, June 7th. It will be at 6:00 p.m. at the Easton Barnes and Nobles coffee shop. SK, is this time any better for u? We are open to reschedule, it looks like either Tuesday evenings or some weekend time are open.

SovereignKnight
06-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Ironically, Tuesday would be an ideal time, except this Tuesday, because I had to rearrange my schedule to cover a shift. Sorry. Let me know when the next meeting is, and I'll try very hard to be there.

Chiaroscuro
06-09-2005, 03:04 PM
I went to the B&N coffe shop at 6pm tues, but didn't see Greg there, I suppose something happened, so we'll reschedule soon. The society post from Leonard indicates we need 5 people at least, and we've got 3 tops, so we'll have to find two more, or merge with another chapter.

CGTalk Moderation
06-09-2005, 03:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.