05-03-2005, 11:05 AM
new stuff on the nuke homepage.......

http://www.d2software.com

looks cool !

Dutchman
05-03-2005, 06:16 PM
looks cool !
Yeah! :bounce:

I've been interested in the possibilities and how robust it is, for quite some time yet, and with this great new website they really make me sure it ís great software.... I still hope to be able to try it out some day! :)

By the way, can ányone explain what that 'Camera Projection' is.... Is it just like cameramapping or something different?!?! Thanks in advance for all explanations... :)

And: does anyone here work in Nuke, and what are your experiences? Is it better than Digital Fusion for example? Or better than the Discreet FFI-systems?

Greetz,
Gijs

Aneks
05-04-2005, 07:40 AM
By the way, can ányone explain what that 'Camera Projection' is.... Is it just like cameramapping or something different?!?! Thanks in advance for all explanations...

Just the same as camera mapping except in your comp package. It is perhaps the most exciting thing about nuke. as ae, shake 4 and even fusion 5 will not support this ( i think !?!?) only ffi allows the user to project in 3d space and ffi cant do reflections, proper lights or shadows !!

And: does anyone here work in Nuke, and what are your experiences? Is it better than Digital Fusion for example? Or better than the Discreet FFI-systems?

Unfortunately I haven't had much of a chance to play with nuke. You cant really compare it to FFI different price point and different market focus. The best comparrison is between fusion and nuke. at last look nuke had it over fusion in the 3d department and had better channel control options and more film based features like lut's on import nodes and stuff. Fusion 5 will level the playing field heaps. I would really love to do some comparisons between that and Nuke especially performance tests for 3d features !

FKMaster
05-04-2005, 12:51 PM
i have collect same experience on one of my last jobs.....
the only thing i can say, its "kickass" fast !!

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2005, 12:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.