PDA

View Full Version : David Alvarez - Circus Auditions- Knife Thrower

dsolo
05-03-2005, 08:57 AM
I'm in. Now I have to choose one profession.

Edit:

A knife thrower

Remi
05-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Hey dsolo.....nice to see you here man....no lets see some thumbs:):thumbsup:

dsolo
05-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Ok some thumbnails. Tell me what you think :thumbsup:

Remi
05-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Hey dsolo....I get the idea of what you have going on...but I think you could push the poses a bit further...there are to many verticles in there for me....other than that...it's a great start man...keep going:buttrock:

dsolo
05-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Hi Ryan, thank for comments. Well I think I try to push some pose. For example in thumbnail 1 and 2, I'll try to push with a lot of anticipation an reversal (although the video references I saw the knife throwing is a very restricted movement). Between 3 and 8 I'll try to get a more curve line of action, not so vertical like you can see in thumbnails by now.

Remi
05-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Even if the video reference has restricted motions i'd say really really exaggerate them....really reach back when getting ready to throw and then follow with a really exaggerated motion...I think it would add alot to it..unless of course you're going for realism:) Keep going man:buttrock:

dsolo
05-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Thanks for comments Ryan, these are some thumbnails I make this afternoon with more exaggerate pose. But I take a decission about it when I begin with blocking. Because I want to reserve my extremes poses for the final. That was exposed in the firts Keith Lango supercool video tutorial (I'm sure you are suscribed, too), and I want to make some test with this new concept for me.

Let's see... :bounce:

P.D: Ali I send you a private message to update the thread title. Thanks in advance.

bealobo
05-05-2005, 10:18 PM
hi DAvid!
cool choice! that knife thrower could be me!!! hahahhaha
chhhhiiiiuuuuk plonk chhhhiiiiuuuuk plonk ups... ehehheh

good start! I have no idea of what do you say of videotutorials but it seems to work, isnīt it?

:thumbsup: go go go :bounce:

dsolo
05-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Hi Bea thanks! :) A ver que sale al final.

About videotutorials you can find more information in this thread:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=219872

Remi
05-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Hey David....of course I sub to Keiths vids:) And yes...I understand what you're saying...but im not saying make them extremes...I think you understand....your new thumbs show exaggeration but I wouldn't call them extremes...also remember the comments about verticle poses as well. I'll be watching;) :buttrock:

dsolo
06-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Finally I cannīt finish my animation because I've been involved in other projects. Bad for me :shrug: I hope I get next time. Apologizes. :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2005, 04:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.