PDA

View Full Version : usefull/useless changes in ps:cs2

SegFaultII
05-02-2005, 08:15 PM
i just tried cs2 out, man, i screamed when i saw that load selection is gone from ctrl + mouseclick. instead, you have to go through the menus. are the adobe guys out of their mind? thats the probably most used feature i know, i use it all the time, even without thinking about it.
and now they want me to use a menu for that... it's not even possible to map it back to ctrl + click, only the keyboard can be mapped.

what else have you discovert that you like or dislike?

halo
05-02-2005, 08:24 PM
ctrl click still loads a selection in CS2. :hmm:

levi
05-02-2005, 09:21 PM
You have to click on the layer thumbnail, in CS2.

SegFaultII
05-03-2005, 05:16 AM
doens't work here, i can only select multiple layers but no selection. is there a swith i haven't seen?

halo
05-03-2005, 09:39 AM
it all works just as before here.

DigArts
05-04-2005, 07:01 AM
I've had good luck with Keyboard Shortcuts and F-keys, particularly when working with scripts and selection commands. But I do a lot of production work and frequently repeat sequences of commands. Being able to F5, F6, F7 through load selection, run script and deselect is handy.

When did full nib rotation (directional control) became a part of the brush engine? It wasn't in 6. Was it introduced in 7, CS, or is it new?

D@D
http://www.gardenhose.com

Voldron
05-04-2005, 12:13 PM
I miss my layer linking on the fly. I have to select and right click :sad:

DigArts
05-04-2005, 06:03 PM
I miss my layer linking on the fly. I have to select and right click :sad:

I work with lots, and lots of layers. Sometimes well over 100. I found the change really helpful. But then I've worked in Painter for a long time too, so the "group" UI was familiar.

As for linking, just click and drag. That temporarily links assorted layers for movement, etc. If you want to sustain the linking, just Ctrl+G to group them. I don't use a quickkey for Ungroup (unlinking) because I work with a large tablet and the key combo involves two hands. I use the Layer trash instead. That gives you the choice of dumping the group and contents or "unlinking" by loosing the group only.

Another nice thing about groups is you can select multiple linked layers (groups), whether nested or not, and unlink all of the layers inside simultaneously. You do have to use the Ungroup command, however. Clicking on the Trash icon automatically dumps them.

My best recommendation, if you're working with lots of layers, is to set-up the Keyboard Shortcuts for two Fkeys (F5 & F6?) for group and ungroup. That makes linking and unlinking very fast.

If there's a catch, it's remembering to check the "Autoselect Groups" checkbox when moving groups only (without having to first click and drag to select the layers you want to move).

Hope this helps,
D@D
http://www.gardenhose.com

MountainMike
05-04-2005, 06:34 PM
My favorite new additions would have to be HDRI support and especially the perspective tool. (Imagine looking at the corner of a room with a window on the left side that you want to move to the right. With CS2's perspective, you can simply drag it from the left wall to the right wall and PS will take care of changing all the perspective for you. IMHO, that's worth the upgrade price by itself!)

Voldron
05-05-2005, 12:20 AM
DigArts: Thanks I just realized the potential it has, thanks for pointing out. I shouldn't have complained lol

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2005, 12:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.