PDA

View Full Version : Links to CGSociety-only content

Swizzle
05-02-2005, 07:04 PM
I saw a link to this CGSociety exclusive article in the news forum: Hard Edges - Sin City - Stark shards of graphic CG Black and White.Well, I figured it would be pretty interesting to check out. I clicked and was immediately dismayed since I'm not a member of the CGSociety and there was no way to know that it was exclusive. At this time I don't have the cash needed to become a member, so I can't join to read the exclusive articles and content.

So, on to my point: Perhaps there could be a little identifying graphic or something in the little link boxes to show that it's members-only content? I'd certainly like to know what I can and can't read, and I do like to read many of the articles posted there.

Leonard
05-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Yes there is supposed to be an icon but I think it hasn't been done on CGTalk news yet (I assume you clicked to it from there). The little CGS icon is on CGNetworks already.

Leo

Swizzle
05-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Hmm, fair 'nuff. I can wait around, I was just trying to make sure that something might be done so that the members-only stuff is evident.

Mibus
05-03-2005, 12:36 AM
I've put a little bit of extra text at the end of the descriptions in the RSS feed (which is also what powers the "CG News" forum news thing.

:thumbsup:

Swizzle
05-03-2005, 03:47 AM
Hey, sweet! This is a good demonstration of why I like this place; excellent service (even for people who don't pay! [yet ;) ]) and real responses from people who actually listen.

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2005, 03:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.