PDA

View Full Version : "Download php" issue in Firefox

erilaz
05-02-2005, 03:39 AM
Occasionally I get an issue where I try to access any link on cgtalk, and all I get is a dialog to download the php page, rather than an actual display. I'm figuring this may actually be an issue on my end, but I wanted to check if there were any suggestions as to the cause.

Mibus
05-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Looks like you're alone in that one... I was hoping others would chime in with "me too" or "not me" at least :)

How often does it happen? What happens if you actually save it? (Like, does it save raw PHP or just the HTML). Do you get it for thread links & post links, or links inside the threads?

It's kinda a weird problem (alot of those lately ;)). Normally that sort of thing is caused by the mime-type being sent from the server wrong, but if nobody else is seeing it it's just bizarre...

What OS/Browser are you using? Have you tried other browsers?

erilaz
05-06-2005, 05:04 AM
I'm guessing it's our server end. It goes through a marshalling proxy, so it's probaby getting overloaded at times.

Mibus
05-06-2005, 05:19 AM
OK, well let me know if you get any further :)

(Or if it happens when you're home or anything)

CGTalk Moderation
05-06-2005, 05:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.