PDA

View Full Version : TIME~Reveals SW III and Says its GOOD (Registration Req)

Ezekiel19
05-01-2005, 08:13 PM
http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101050509/index.html

Awesome never before seen photo's

Brief History on what is a Sith Lord
CGI Characters
The Good Guys
GL's History
and More
Awesome article

will new stands this week

Swizzle
05-01-2005, 10:32 PM
It should be noted that subscription is required to read the whole article. Subscribing isn't free; looks like it costs about $5.00.

jake_$teed
05-02-2005, 02:21 AM
http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101050509/index.html

Awesome never before seen photo's

Brief History on what is a Sith Lord
CGI Characters
The Good Guys
GL's History
and More
Awesome article

will new stands this week

Man, what are you gonna do after this movie comes out? On May 19, there will be nothing else for you to look forward to. Isn't that depressing?

SheepFactory
05-02-2005, 03:45 AM
Man, what are you gonna do after this movie comes out? On May 19, there will be nothing else for you to look forward to. Isn't that depressing?

Took the words right out of my mouth. Ezekiel i am glad you are super excited about this movie , i am too but please refrain from plugging every article\picture\rumor that comes out about it. This is not force.net.

malducin
05-02-2005, 04:10 AM
Excuse me but isn't this the News forum?

Sigh...

Ollarin
05-02-2005, 04:12 AM

So true...After ROTK was released, and the movie ended, i was just so depressed. I wish that it went on forever. :/

SovereignKnight
05-02-2005, 05:34 AM

Um... Serenity?

I'm looking forward to that as much as I am Star Wars, and I've been a SW fan since 1977. That's saying a lot.

:)

Ezekiel19
05-02-2005, 03:01 PM
First of all this is a News Message board on stuff related to the CGI Industry and I see no rules stating there are limits to what subject one can post. If u dont like the content, then just ignore and dont read it. The title of the thread should be warning enough for those who dont desire reading the contents therein. But there are other people who might want to read or gather information, since this is indeed a News Thread Message Board.

One should not let ones hatred for a movie reflect there decison be it as a member or etc.
I'm posting news articles that on the Associated Press web page as well

So why the big hoopla from certain people?

I dont make negative comments to nobody. So pls dont make none towards me. If u dotn like a certain thread, dont READ IT. I've read the rules for posting and so far I HAVENT VIOLATED any of those rules. TY

If u dont like the show thats on a particular channel. Then grab your remote and change the channel. And let other people enjoy the contents.

SW related post in CTalk garners probably the most response out of any other catagory ever posted here. So why the disenchantment?

U either want posts or threads with numbers going up, or u don't.

-KL

Chris Thomas
05-02-2005, 03:25 PM
I was interested in this post, up until the point that I realized that I'd need a subscription with Time magazine to read it. I find these kinds of posts not very helpfull to be honest, they inevitably are a waste of time as you go...

"ooh look, some concrete news on the new film/book/project X"

Then you click the topic and are given a new link, so you follow that and

"To read this article you need to be a member of society X"

At which point you say "darn, bugger, sh*t" or whatever expletive comes to hand and go back to the main news thread.

So please guys at least flag these kind of posts clearly

Cheers

c-g
05-02-2005, 03:53 PM
First of all this is a News Message board on stuff related to the CGI Industry and I see no rules stating there are limits to what subject one can post. If u dont like the content, then just ignore and dont read it. The title of the thread should be warning enough for those who dont desire reading the contents therein. But there are other people who might want to read or gather information, since this is indeed a News Thread Message Board.

That was a great post. It is funny that they (the general cgtalk population) don't jump on the people that post non-CGI related stuff in the cg news section. Especially when it is a moderator doing it.

RobertoOrtiz
05-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Ok Ill make it easy...

Does EPIII have ANY FX at all?
Are they important to the sotry, or they way it was produced?

If the answer is yes, the subject matter is ON TOPIC.

And to all relax, it is a wonderfull monday.
-R

SheepFactory
05-02-2005, 04:21 PM
I was interested in this post, up until the point that I realized that I'd need a subscription with Time magazine to read it. I find these kinds of posts not very helpfull to be honest, they inevitably are a waste of time as you go...

Cheers

This is exactly where i am coming from. but whatever , another 19 days and it'll be over.

PatternRecognition
05-02-2005, 04:45 PM
I've been obsessing over Star Wars for 8 years now. May 19th will be a sad day for me.

Now I really want to read that article http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/scream.gif

danielh68
05-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Can someone who's read it give a synopsis?

jake_$teed
05-02-2005, 06:20 PM

One should not let ones hatred for a movie reflect there decison be it as a member or etc.
I'm posting news articles that on the Associated Press web page as well

So why the big hoopla from certain people?

I dont make negative comments to nobody. So pls dont make none towards me. If u dotn like a certain thread, dont READ IT. I've read the rules for posting and so far I HAVENT VIOLATED any of those rules. TY

If u dont like the show thats on a particular channel. Then grab your remote and change the channel. And let other people enjoy the contents.

SW related post in CTalk garners probably the most response out of any other catagory ever posted here. So why the disenchantment?

U either want posts or threads with numbers going up, or u don't.

-KL

My point had nothing to do with hating a movie, but damn dude, sheep factory was right, i mean, almost every single post or thread you're involved with is Star Wars this, Sith that,
(edit: 49 of your 74 posts are about Star Wars)
so I was just curious about what happens for you when it's all over? Clearly you've made your decision to love the film without having seen it, so clearly there will be several viewings, but after that, when it's all over, what are your posts or avatars gonna be then? Will your interest remain for CG, or is it just Star Wars. And what will make you this excited again?

Swizzle
05-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Well, this has been amazingly productive. Couldn't posts like most of the ones in this thread be done through private messaging? Can't we all just... get along?

Anyways, back to the original topic. Here's the article (http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101050509/index.html), just to remind people what the thread was originally about. If you're not a subscriber you need to pay about $5.00 to read the article and subscribe to the magazine. Yay. Are we done here?

Ezekiel19
05-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Pardon me, having seen the movie or not having seen has zero to posting a related link to the CGI Industry in general. The Times article mentions alot of "behind the scenes" making off stuff that ILM put together. Dont knock it before u read it, I always say. ^5

(in the past I've posted the 1st pics of The Pirates of the Carribeon." 1 1/2 yrs before that movie came out. Ez posted it here, so squabble then. The examples are endless>
My membership here has expanded 3+ yrs so its illogical of u to think I just post SW related stuff. I post CGI related stuff be it LOTR, Books, Movies, Games, etc but trust me there all CGI related even to the 10th degree.

Do I like SW? the question is moote at best.Of course I like SW and CgTalk is the perfect place for peopel who like anything about CGI related stuff to post and share.

Title matters not, its the contents therin.

After all the "rendering is in the details" right?

so lets have fun and stay informative.

Summer 2005 is a great year for the CGI

Martyr
05-02-2005, 10:57 PM
For me the star wars related topics are the collest these days so Ezekiel19 continue to publish your star wars news especially when they are positive review or good things about sw...

I cant wait for may 19th...

tdamcbigity
05-03-2005, 04:03 AM
Sony Pictures Imageworks is better than ILM, hands down or who's to say?

Let's calm our troubled hearts dear friends and listen to the Carpenters, then do something glorious! Although I'd dare say that ILM is due for a Academy Award one of these years, poor guys what has it been 10 years?

Terrell
05-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Sony Pictures Imageworks is better than ILM

ROTFLOL! That's a hot one! I needed that laugh.

Obraxis
05-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Any top VFX house can produce the same quality of CG as any other top house.

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2005, 09:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.