PDA

View Full Version : Alien Planet Trailer - Discovery Channel!

chikega
05-01-2005, 02:23 PM
http://images.barnesandnoble.com.edgesuite.net/images/1690000/1695284.gif (http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/alienplanet/alienplanet.html)

I've always thought that Wayne Barlowe's book "Expedition" should be made into a 3d documentary and now it's coming to TV!

CLONEOPS
05-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Thanks's for the tip on the show,probably would have missed it if not.
Barlowes depiction of aliens books are some of the best..should get him to be on cgtalk as a guest.

danielh68
05-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Awesome. Thanks.

gjpetch
05-02-2005, 03:08 AM
Oh, wow. This looks great.
Some of the 3d looks really good too, though some shots look a bit like a videogame for some reason.

BillSpradlin
05-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Barlow has been one of my favorite artists for quite some time. I'll have to nag someone with a Tube to check this out. Thanks for the link.

John-Stetzer
05-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Does it mention Barlowe's name anywhere in the material? That irritated me when seeing the trailer on tv (the not mentioning of Barlowe, I mean), and didn't notice it in a cursory glance at the website.

M.E.L.
05-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Wayne is mentioned during the broadcast :)

I was lucky enough to work with him and many other talented artists on that show...Wayne is definitely one of the biggest inspirations you can have working on something like that :)

Can't wait to see it hit the screen on May 14th :)

CLONEOPS
05-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Will the cg quality match Barlows artwork,he is know to paint with
individual hairs bristles..says so in one of his books.
This guys anatomy sketches are a freak awesome to behold,and so is his extremely well thought out interpretation of possible alien anatomical structure.
Must see .

CLONEOPS
05-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Wayne is mentioned during the broadcast :)

I was lucky enough to work with him and many other talented artists on that show...Wayne is definitely one of the biggest inspirations you can have working on something like that :)

Can't wait to see it hit the screen on May 14th :)

m.e.l -you lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky freak dog..damn.
man i always loved this guys vivid technique so much.
-if u did rig...did Barlowe specify the mechanics of such stuff?

M.E.L.
05-03-2005, 01:55 AM
wayne was mainly the guy who did all the approvals...be it for concept art straight to how a creature moved (right down to its muscles and deformation). Can't begin to tell you how phenomenal of a project it was to work on and believe me, the CG will be top quality stuff :)

as I said though...wayne was an invaluable asset...none of us really knew how any of the creatures might move so he broke it down for us :) 12 days left...man, gettin antsy to see the fully polished deal!

subcast
05-03-2005, 06:53 AM
There better be a cameo by the Shadow of the Beast.

sethart
05-03-2005, 07:31 AM
Oh wow thanks for the tip.:thumbsup:

chikega
05-16-2005, 12:26 AM
Remember that Alien Planet is showing this coming Thursday at 9pm EST and Friday at 12am EST --- I missed it yesterday. :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2005, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.