PDA

View Full Version : Making letter seem as tho it appear one by one

Netuok
05-01-2005, 02:14 PM
I want to make an effect that make it seem like the letter is going from the top down
one letter one by one and complete to one whole text. what effect would that be anyone know?
Also is there a place where i could go to and it tell me all the available plugins for AFX? and a list of description on what it does?
Thank

Peddy
05-02-2005, 09:52 AM
i did this about an hour ago for a title, so it was only used on one word (5 letters), but if you are patient, you can do it on a larger scale.
its not that tricky, its just keyframing positions and opacities for each letter (which is on a separate solid layer with text effect on it) and offsetting the keys on all until it looks right.

So for the first letter, say it was an S, you would have your solid layer with the text effect on it, with the letter 'S' put into it. you would place it where you want it to go, add a keyframe, then move it back to where you want it to move from (if you want a move-in effect, otherwise ignore the position keyframes) and add another keyframe. then on the same keyframes add the opacity keyframes so it fades in. duplicate the entire layer, edit the text effect and move the layer so it sits next to the 'S', making sure that when you move it you are on the end position keyframe. then drag all the keyframes for the duplicated layer across however many you want, and continue the process.

my explanation is the best, but once you fiddle with the positions of the keyframes to your needs, it does the job on a small scale.

it would be much easier if it was possible to keyframe the text effect on newer versions.

hope this helps

Mylenium
05-02-2005, 04:29 PM
it would be much easier if it was possible to keyframe the text effect on newer versions.

hope this helps

Huh? Unless I 'm completely misunderstanding something, this should not take more than a simple text layer and use a few overlapping text animators on it... You know, AE 6.5 has been out for a year and before that came 6.0 that already boasted this feature (though plagued by bugs).

Mylenium

lasvideo
05-02-2005, 06:08 PM
You are correct, Mylenium. I just did what he described with 1 text animator. The Raining Text
preset can provide some clues as to the process. Or get Total Training for 6.5 where that is just 1 of the cool aspects they go into in great depth.

Netuok
05-02-2005, 11:30 PM
What if you've made the text from a psd file? how would that archieve this? is there option in text that allow you to do thing in PSD? like gradient,drop shadow etc?

lasvideo
05-02-2005, 11:35 PM
As far as I know the AE text layer is a unique layer that must have its text generated within

its layer....

Peddy
05-03-2005, 06:16 AM
well for all my wisdom, im still using AE 5.5, and learning.

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2005, 06:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.