PDA

View Full Version : Art education trips- where to go?

paperclip
05-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Well, at the moment, I have the time and the money to be able to go somewhere in Europe and I want to utilise this to the MAX!! I have been to Rome before and found it amazingly beautiful, really inspired me. I want to be inspired AND learn while there.
Where should I go and what should I see while I'm there?

sonicstrawbery
05-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Paris of course is a great place for Art where you could see many masterpiece

The Louvre, The Picasso Museum, The Maillol Museum

I'd like to go in Holland this summer, visit museum like the Van Gogh or Rembrandt, my sister was there last year and said to me good things...

Ch3
05-01-2005, 06:25 PM
i've just returned from Amsterdam. There are a few places to go. As cipher said, Van Gogh and Rembrandt are must. To be honest though, I was expecting more painting in Rembrandt's. I guess they are keeping them in bigger musuems as this one is just his house. Van Gogh is quite big, and it will probable have a secondary exhibition as well. Amsterdam also has coffeshops, which will open you mind ;)

apart from Holland though, there are many other places in europe with artistic backgrounds.
Barchelona with all the Gaudi's buildings should be awsome...
Paris is defently worth going...
And as I am greek, i'd also add Athens. Modern art may not be as good as all the other places... but be sure that you will find loads of ancient art, which some times are more impressive than the modern one.
Maybe you can save the trip to Athens for a bit later, when it's gonna be warm enought for swimming as well.

have a nice time wherever you go.

yonna
05-01-2005, 07:41 PM
For fine classic art, go to Florence. For modern art, i suggest Karlsruhe.

Shaggy
05-02-2005, 01:33 AM
washington DC has many awsome musuems, i spent 3 days just going through the simsohinia(sp) that place is unreal.
are u looking for artsy citys, or place to see musuems?

there are many places over sees i would love to see.

Gord-MacDonald
05-02-2005, 04:46 AM
Sigh - someday I will get to Europe.

The only major galleries I have seen are in New York NY, Buffalo NY, and Toronto.

New York has a wonderful mix of museums and galleries. MOMA and the MET are great!
Buffalo is great for contemporary art with the Knox-Albright
Toronto has got the largest collection of Henry Moore in the world .

I lived in Toronto for a number of years while attending The Ontario College of Art, but its been years since I have visited.

Gord

paperclip
05-02-2005, 08:21 AM
I'm looking for sort of a museum/culture city, as it stands, it seems to be a toss up between paris and florence...

hmmm...which to pick....

ashakarc
05-02-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm looking for sort of a museum/culture city, as it stands, it seems to be a toss up between paris and florence...

hmmm...which to pick....
I haven't seen Florence, but I know it from books. I've been in Paris, and I think it covers a wider spectrum of this cultural product we call art. From Gothic to Baroque and Roccoco, to Modernism. It's definitely a great starting destination for art travelling.
Don't forget your sketchbook ,

paperclip
05-02-2005, 11:55 AM
My sketchbook will be a primary thing on my packing list! Almost nothing I like better than going around museums sketching sculptures, it's great practise and just as good as the real thing.

Maidith
05-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Go to Florence, I urge you. :)
The Galeria Palatina and the Uffizi Gallery are beyond awesome.

Ego
01-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Am torn between going to the florence academy of arts and angel art school for the summer .;both in Florence. Holy crap, imagine spending the summer in florence. *mind blowing*.
*nudges at paperclip*

Rebeccak
01-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Florence and Rome both rock. If I had to choose, I'm not sure which one I'd pick to go back to. :)

paperclip
01-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Well, I went to Barcelona and loved it! I also went to Rome. Thank God for Ryanair!

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2006, 02:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.