PDA

View Full Version : Your advice on graphic card, primarily for 2D

robban
10-06-2002, 07:33 PM
I'm soon going to get a new computer configuration and I'm not sure of what graphic card to buy. I'm mostly in to 2D, all comments are welcome... help needed!

//robban

derelict
10-07-2002, 04:31 AM
There are a wide array of tools using the 2D platform. Such as Photoshop, primary video editing, Office tools, 4GL and many more. But know this, the tools above are slowly but surely turning in the direction of 3D. Just look at the NLE editing software. Premiere may be a 2D software but has a wide array of plugins and add-ons that make good use of the 3D tools set. Even Photoshop for that matter.

So, my advice is go get a good 3D card. 3D card that has capability to twin out on 2 screen (one for pallates and tools and the other your drawing matte screen).

IF one is looking for an all rounder, GForce would be your cup of tea or the latest ATI cards. Anyway the prices for the cards above are pretty cheap now anyway.

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.