View Full Version : Star Wars Episode III Music Video

RobertoOrtiz
05-01-2005, 03:47 AM
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/10.html

-R

danielh68
05-01-2005, 03:59 AM
Looks great. I'm definitely amped.

Note: Darth Vader looks much better with his arms down.

SheepFactory
05-01-2005, 04:15 AM
Looks like anakins dialogue will once again be painful to listen to :D

Ollarin
05-01-2005, 05:08 AM
John Williams > All

Damn...Those space battles look so awesome! :|

jake_$teed
05-01-2005, 05:54 AM
I honestly think the movie will suck as bad as the first two prequels. However, the John Williams scores have been cool. Duel of the Fates was da' bomb. Anywho, I don't know if anyone posted this, but apparently, the ROTS soundtrack comes with a bonus DVD that has Star Wars a musical journey, kinda taking you through the saga via movie footage and soundtrack. I actually want to buy this, it sounds cool, heres the dvdfile review....

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/review/dvd-video_11/starwarsmusicaljourney.html

titaniumdave
05-01-2005, 06:00 AM
They should just show all the battles in the theater and put all the dialog on the lifetime network.

Dragon_Lee
05-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Be warned!!

This clip has a spoiler in it ... imo not a big one but some fans/freaks might not like seeing it...

The clip is worth watching though.... quite the space opera!

Not sure how to warn where the spoiler might be, so I'll keep it to be guessed... (its a minor thing anyways, over in a flash)

Best to enjoy the rush the clip gives, or not look at all :)

For once, I am glad there's no footage of the concert hall / recording studio inbetween the movie shots ...

Overall I like the piece, but I was hoping for a more bombastic track, more in the vein of Duel of the Fates was ... I guess that was too hard to top, still though this has power too :)

CGmonkey
05-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Why do you watch this? Trailers and other footage only spoils the experience... I've got a hard time dodging tv-ads.

Teasers are as far as I go.

Ezekiel19
05-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Superb Video footage and from what I see, this movie by far should do OK and be OK. When released.

^5

-Keith

Manwich
05-01-2005, 07:36 PM
sweet music john williams is soo good i love it!

most of the footage shown in this video has already been released in the trailer's so far
there are a feww new glimpses of other stuff but nothing special....

Dragon_lee i'm not sure which bit you might of thought was a spoiler but i ruined most of the storyline for myself anyway (www.millenniumfalcon.com (http://www.millenniumfalcon.com)) so maybe i've overlooked sumin that somebody might not be expecting?

i am actually beginning to look forward to this now!!! WWOOOO

Manwich

t-toe
05-01-2005, 08:20 PM
here's a direct link for downloadin'. enjoy!

http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/epiii_music_video_480_dl.mov

Morganism
05-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Anyone else see the flash frames between some of the cuts? You'd think someone would have caught that.

Awesome looking footage, though.

Brainex
05-01-2005, 09:49 PM
this clip is simply awesome... watched it already 100 times :twisted:

can't wait : may 18, 8pm

JDex
05-01-2005, 09:55 PM
The CG looks phenomenal... looks to set the bar again for live action/CG. The fire suppression ships are an excellent and unexpected sight in the battle sequences. As for the music, it sounds good, but I hope this isn't the best of it... JW ownz.

kmest
05-01-2005, 10:40 PM
the clip looks realy nice to me..the music is realy nice...well,what can you expect from john williams?but i hope there will be better music on it,somethings like "across the stars" or "duel of fate"...
the cg is realy awesome...the best i've ever seen....damn.thats too realstick for a fantasy movie like that....the space shots are realy new....specialy the second shot which shows the title..the camera move,ent is awesome....

cant wait to see it on the big screen......

Kimotion
05-01-2005, 11:12 PM
They ruined it with a shot of little Ani towards the end.

The music is aweseome. I think it fits with the overal theme of the movie: everything falls apart, Anakin goes postal, and poor Yoda becomes a puppet later.

Dragon_Lee
05-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Why do you watch this? Trailers and other footage only spoils the experience... I've got a hard time dodging tv-ads.

Guess I am not as fanatic to try and stay away from ALL images...

And generally star wars trailers/music videos are pretty harmless spoilerwise...

The rest I stay far away from though, ie. I didnt read the leaked opening crawl, no leaked images/fotos for me, I stay on the official publicity side of things, and from there its pretty enjoyable...

Besides the general story is already quite known, hard to hide from what one already knows :)

And, well the trailers/teasers/music-vid's give me this immense rush thats hard to stay away from :)

lovisx
05-02-2005, 05:29 PM
yeah it looks like they changed the shot with mr vader, much better.

moovieboy
05-03-2005, 03:06 AM
Anyone else see the flash frames between some of the cuts? You'd think someone would have caught that.

Yeah, my ol' editor's eyes caught them too. At first I thought they were blank frames until I scrubbed back through them. They have to be bad cuts which is very odd because they're very noticable to post-production folks if not the general public...

It actually made me wonder whether the version I saw was in fact a hoax cooked up from an itunes track and mixing in trailers and TV spots. But, there were too many new/extended clips...

Just weird...

-Tom

kmest
05-03-2005, 09:37 AM
another link for download.....
http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/epiii_music_video_480_dl.mov

doodlehead
05-03-2005, 11:57 PM
The only part about that I didn't like was the "You were the chosen one!" bit. I hope that the dialogue between Darth and Kenobi is a little more personal than that instead of dealing with all this prophecy nonsense. But this looks really fun! I especially liked what they're doing with ship fragmentation in the space battles. Awesome!

lestdog
05-04-2005, 05:38 AM

I don't know, Is it really going to be a big surprise? Jedi's die, anikin becomes darth vader.... opps sorry, did I spoil it for somebody? =P

strangelife
05-04-2005, 05:54 AM
Good stuff. At least this Vader looks a hell of alot tougher than the one in the window holding a cell phone on Van Buren Ave. (Chicago).

opus13
05-04-2005, 06:03 AM
once ep1/2/3 started to come out, and the originals were remastered for dvd... why the hell are all the lightsabers laser blasts, and ships engines pastel colors? the reds are more pink, the blues are paler, and in all in all 'sissified'.

its the pansification of george lucas. :sad:

NanoGator
05-04-2005, 06:59 AM
Looks great. I'm definitely amped.

Note: Darth Vader looks much better with his arms down.

Agrh, no kidding. Anybody know if his hands were painted out or if they reshot it?

Just a little curious. It'd be interesting to know if fan complaints had anything to do with it.

StephanD
05-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Just a little curious. It'd be interesting to know if fan complaints had anything to do with it.

From what little I know about GL...Not a chance :)

heavyness
05-04-2005, 03:32 PM
14 days and counting.

can't wait! the space battles look great and i'm going to lose it with so many great lightsaber battles.

bring on the sith!

BlinCk
05-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Star Wars rulled, and is still rulling the world, I LOVE SW!!!
SW 4 ever!

But i am really sad, episode 3 will be the last onde :( , GL says this is going to be Star Wars: Titanic, becouse is going to be very sad, i think i will cry in the cinema...

Hazta ;) []

unclebob
05-04-2005, 11:19 PM
GL said he kinda expects EPIII to be a "flop". I don't care, I'll still see it and most likely will enjoy the movie despite naysayers.

The music is fantastic and the effects are amazing, from what has been shown.

lestdog
05-04-2005, 11:37 PM
GL said he kinda expects EPIII to be a "flop".

He said that? Really? Dudes losing faith in his franchise huh? Well you know what they say..."3rd times the charm", lets hope...

Daniel-B
05-05-2005, 02:17 AM
It looks like the Vader rising shot was replaced with CGI. Or at least a CGI table maybe?

Gamoron
05-05-2005, 04:13 AM
My GF is going to have to drag me to this kicking and screaming. She's half my size and will probably succeed! :D

Martyr
05-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Im not sure but I think he said something like its not going to make more money that the two others because its darker and sad...

For me and for the majority here I think its a plus...

baby
05-05-2005, 02:58 PM
is a freaking bad actor, he can't say a line naturally.

thxfully when he shut up and has his bad look it's ok...

I'm looking forward to be the 18 !!! ;)

hehe...

Mike.H
05-05-2005, 03:16 PM
well i can honestly say im realy looking forward to the birth of vader, sw:ep3 looks real sweat and the darker and more sad atmosphere fits sws perfectly in my opinion.

i hope it goes real well in the cinemas, sws as a myth/universe is well worth going out with a huge succes.

kmest
05-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Im not sure but I think he said something like its not going to make ore money that the two others because its darker ans sad...

wanna bet?

i'm sure it's gonna have the highest box office in it's first weekend.

NanoGator
05-05-2005, 08:58 PM
wanna bet?

i'm sure it's gonna have the highest box office in it's first weekend.

Of the 3 recent movies? Unlikely. EpI made over 400 mil, Ep2 only made 300 mil. It's a flip of the coin whether or not Ep3 will be Ep2's opening weekend, but it is almost certainly not going to reach episode I.

luv2xlr8
05-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Movie looks to only get good at the end. First half hour looks the same and done already.

kmest
05-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Of the 3 recent movies? Unlikely. EpI made over 400 mil, Ep2 only made 300 mil. It's a flip of the coin whether or not Ep3 will be Ep2's opening weekend, but it is almost certainly not going to reach episode I.

i ment the opening weekend.......

take a look at this site which has some introduction and Prediction of the summer movies....
http://www.movieweb.com/news/news.php?id=7428

and dont forget to take a look at the starwars section....Opening Weekend - $122 million; Total Gross - $515 million.
but i'm sure the opening weekend will be more:bounce: :thumbsup:

Dragon_Lee
05-06-2005, 08:34 AM
well i can honestly say im realy looking forward to the birth of vader, sw:ep3 looks real sweat and the darker and more sad atmosphere fits sws perfectly in my opinion.

i hope it goes real well in the cinemas, sws as a myth/universe is well worth going out with a huge succes.

I, and quite a few people with me, have the fear that all we see of Darth Vader's rising, is 2 minutes of screentime somewhere in the last 5 minutes of the movie ....

I wouldn't put it past Georgieboy to ruin a (what looks to be) very good SW movie this way...

CGTalk Moderation
05-06-2005, 08:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.