PDA

View Full Version : duplicate paths?

mdwsr
04-30-2005, 06:06 PM
I need to try and figure out a way to make duplicate paths, as in create a path and then duplicate it, for example, every 20 pixels horizontally. I need to do something similar to Painter's "Set Duplicate Transform" if any of you are familiar with this. In Painter you can set the horizontal, vertical, or degrees rotation and very quickly make an array of paths. Only problem is each path is a seperate layer, and I would like to be able to do this in PS and keep all the paths on one layer.

I've looked in help to no avail. Any suggestions?

What I'm trying to do is texture a corrugated metal pattern and I would like to use the stroke path function.

whookam
04-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Create all the paths in seperate layers. Then select a path one at a time and copy into a new layer.

Her0d
05-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Easier, and probably the proper way:
- Make a path. Select it with Path Selection Tool.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+T (Free Transform with Copy)
- Move the new path (or even rotate and scale it), then press enter to accept the change.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T (Transform Again with Copy) as many times as you need.

mdwsr
05-01-2005, 04:45 PM
That's it exactly, Her0d, thanks. How did you figure that out?

Her0d
05-01-2005, 07:52 PM
I was searching for the solution when trying to create some gears and cogwheels...
Notice that this method works also on many objects, like selection, or vector shapes :)

little5points
05-02-2005, 02:29 AM
I was searching for the solution when trying to create some gears and cogwheels...
Notice that this method works also on many objects, like selection, or vector shapes :)

thanks from me, too. I learned something new.

How did you know about the keyboard shortcut? I didn't see it in the menus

Her0d
05-02-2005, 09:17 AM
There is a shortcut for Free Transform, and Transform Again in the menu. And Alt modifier is usually used for copying things in Photoshop, so it was worth trying out... I tried... and hey, it worked! Sometimes its really useful to experiment with different modifiers (Ctrl, Alt, Shift), when using a tool or an menu option...

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2005, 09:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.