PDA

View Full Version : Resources of CG that changed the Art, or no.

lotaH
04-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Resources of CG that changed the Art? Or not?

I began a post, but I think didn't ask the right question and I decided to create other with that question.

I wanted to discuss to changes in the art caused by " means " of the graphic computation.

That change had in the artistic works with the insert of:

(1) Layers:
(2) the possibility to do a sketch and not to need to draw on him, turning off your layer later:
(3) it is mainly the Undo button:

Those three things (can they mention other) did they change the art? Would DaVinci or Picasso have different works if they had those resources?

[] ' s

Gord-MacDonald
05-01-2005, 06:21 AM
I don't know about da Vinci, but Picasso hated computers - mind you the ones that existed in his time were by todays standards, pretty primitive. Picasso didn't need an undo button, he morphed his images endlessly, during thier creation. (There is a facinating documentary out there, that gives the viewer a rare glimpse of Picasso at work - I unfortunately, don't know the name of it)

Gord

ThePhotographer
05-01-2005, 11:35 AM
That would be Clouzot's movie "Le Mystère Picasso".

eparts
05-01-2005, 07:29 PM
I believe you have to make the question even more specific.

when you speak of a change in art, i dont mainly think of technique and resources. Art is also the subjects, the questionmarks and the feelings that are put into art. A big change in art was done after ww1 for example.

Anyways, I dont really see the big change even if art is easier to make, maybe just the visual. However, digital paintings can be made more easily and quicker, compared to da vinci and other artists that spent years on paintings.

lotaH
05-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Hello,

I am not specifically speaking in these artists. My questions are until as CG changed the artist's way to think. The artist today. Did we think different for knowing that can use Undo? Did we think different due the layer?

It is that question.

On the technique and subjects. The subjects also changed due to computation. Our culture changed with the computation. Therefore it changed the art.

But I am wanting to discuss the same technique. Did she change with the technology? Did the way to think the art change with the technology?

[]'s

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2005, 07:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.