PDA

View Full Version : Mind controled halflife 2 mod

mojokdirector
04-30-2005, 02:15 AM
I posted earlyer about a game concept I was thinking about one day making happen. http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=217451 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=217451)
I am creating a half life 2 mod now that i would like to use this technology to bring the world somthing they have never experianced.
This is somthing that has never been tried before on this level though there are plent of groups using this technology for things like wheelchairs and simple games.

We do need people so if you are interested in helping email Director@mojok.net and tell us what you can do for us.

durbdk
04-30-2005, 05:01 PM
What kind of R&D staff do you have? If you'r able to pull somehting like that off, I would be really impressed. I wish you the best of luck! IOt would be very cool, though. :)

mojokdirector
04-30-2005, 08:07 PM
Actually I was saving to fund an R&D team when I stumbled across a foreign product that looks to be exactly what I am looking for.

Manwich
05-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Certainly is an interesting idea.......but i think technology like this would have a greater implication in digital arts maybe?.....who knows what you could create if you have some kind of sulping device attached to the robotic arm which is controlled by ur thoughts....

Personally i think the equipped suit i would prefer, almost like the old days in the beginnings of VR to actually physically move around and interact rather than controlling it solely with my brain.

Would there be any advantage you could use to jack up ur brain chemistry or sumin to increase ur output? effectively cheating or would it simply be a few coffees and spoonfuls of sugar to even the odds?

keep it up

Manwich

mojokdirector
05-01-2005, 09:17 PM
This has actually been suggested several times now; however we don't have the resources to do something like this yet. A half life 2 mod is more within our reach at the moment though I would eventually like to make a cg program based on this technology.
First we need support, and I believe a half life mod like this one will get some attention and hopefully quite a bit of support.

Lordiego01
05-01-2005, 11:34 PM
This sounds hot, but could the device work fast enough to keep up with gamer's thoughts?
Net lag is bad enough as it is, the last thing we need is brain lag. ;)

Oh, and before I hit the Submit Reply button, I got two more things to say..

eXistenZ

and

"woah.... I know Kung Fu"

mojokdirector
05-02-2005, 01:38 AM
I don't think speed will be a problem; accuracy and price are my two biggest concerns at the moment. If speed is a problem as far as the server registering so many different movements per player (this is more likely) we may have to make it so the player limit is lower. The price looks like the price will be around $1700 when first released but I'm hoping if this mod brings quite a few sales to the company (or at least shows promise to) making the hardware they will be able to lower the price significantly.

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2005, 01:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.