PDA

View Full Version : hdri in cs2?

luma clark
04-30-2005, 01:41 AM
hi. i recently upgraded to cs2. and am ecstatic about the new hdr feature. however, i have some issues with this. when i view my hdr in 3ds max, it looks "normal" but when i open it in ps cs2, it looks very light. when i adjust the brightness and save it, it looks fine in photoshop and way too dark in max. and being that hdrs are made for 3d apps, i assume that the max version is correct. my question is how can i have the same image in both max and photoshop? i looked up gamma in the ps manual but that only has things on monitor adjustment which is not what i need. the monitor is fine. it's the different gammas between the programs that i need to sync. how can i do this? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help.

thanks,

luma

luma clark
04-30-2005, 02:04 AM
okaaaaaayyy. i'm very happy that i figured this out. to get the same image, you need to go to the view menu and select proof setup > monitor rgb (or mac / windows rgb)

yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwa!!!

hope i help some people.

thanks!!

peace,

luma

whookam
04-30-2005, 08:19 PM
How did you get a copy of CS2? I thought it was pre-order only at the moment.

halo
05-01-2005, 11:07 AM
it's downloadable from adobe's website

Rabid pitbull
05-02-2005, 10:46 PM
How did you get a copy of CS2? I thought it was pre-order only at the moment.

My upgrade came in the mail last week, was not supposed to be here for another week happy day!

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2005, 10:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.