PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts/Rhode Island Chapter

Maven
04-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Anyone from the Boston/Providence area?

I don't know if I could run it but I would definitely be interested in joining. I'm located in Quincy just south of Boston, I'm also in Rhode Island a lot because I have family there.

Anyone Interested?

JDex
04-29-2005, 03:03 PM
I think we could also pickup S. New Hampshire and Western Conn.

I'm in, and actually would love to take a part in organizing it, but wouldn't be able to lead it either, at least presently.

Redcoat
04-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Hey, I live in Brookline, MA. Its basically inside Boston. I'm not sure if I could offer too much artistically at this point (I'm a noob). But, I would be more than willing to join.

Rkhon
04-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Cool, I mentioned this in another thread...good to see some of us around.

I remember JDex and I, along with some other ppl were trying to get something for New Englanders together a while ago. It never turned out. I would also like to help in organizing this.

How often would everyone like to rendezvous? What kind of things would we do to be fitting of a CG Society chapter? Where would be the best place?

Not sure if all of you know, but www.bostonpostmortem.org (http://www.bostonpostmortem.org/) puts on monthly meetings. They also usually have guest speakers and special events.

We also need more people willing to participate in the MA/RI (other New Englanders) chapter if we want to take advantage of the special benefits Leonard has proposed here... http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=234604

Maven
04-29-2005, 06:20 PM
How often would everyone like to rendezvous? What kind of things would we do to be fitting of a CG Society chapter? Where would be the best place?

I'm open to just about anything. As to how often, I guess that would depend on how much of a response we get from us New Englanders. Once we get a list of interested people we should vote on a places and times. I personally rather do this kind of thing on the weekend. But I'm free really anytime.

JDex
05-06-2005, 04:07 AM
Well I count four... before this falls off the page I'll ask:

Anyone else from the area?

I'd like to see 8+ before we start something up. Perhaps the first meeting should be pretty informal... beers/coffee in bean town or something. Weekends will be tough for me, so I'm not sure where I'll be able to fit into all this.

Rkhon
05-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I agree....we need more people seriously interested. Another idea comes to mind. I could try to see if any of the conceptart.org folks would be interested, I've met alot of them and we all have the same interests, more or less.

As for meeting up, even if its the four of us, we could attend the monthly www.bostonpostmortem.org (http://www.bostonpostmortem.org) get together which seems to be game industry enthusiasts and professionals mingling over drinks and food with special events/speakers. Its also another way to get more people interested.

JacquesPena
05-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Hello Guys.. I'm Jacque' I live in Boston.(Go Redsox!) Of course interested in this chapter.:):thumbsup:

dubge
05-07-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm from MA as well. Good to see some other massholes in the ranks. I'm down from a meet.

Rkhon
05-09-2005, 03:30 AM
Awesome up to six now!!! I know there are more out there! How old is everyone? (Just to see if bars and pubs are cool or not.)

JDex
05-09-2005, 03:33 AM
XXVI (26 for the non-romans) :D

Maven
05-09-2005, 01:06 PM
I honestly just had to stop and think about how old I was, then I wasn't sure. But I did the math...

<--- 27

dubge
05-10-2005, 02:16 AM
28 years young.

Rkhon
05-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Nice, I'm 21. So far we are all good for bars and such.

Now we need to think of a way to get more people interested or aware of the chapter and what we are about. Lets start brainstorming ways of advertisement (like posting pamplets, etc at local places, or hitting up other online communities) and what it is that we will do at chapter meetings. Maybe work on a project...game mod, short animation, promotional stuff for cgtalk, etc.

Share your thoughts!

RickJohnston
05-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Hi all, im going to be living in NH for a while till i move to Arlington, but sign me up as well!

atomictoaster
05-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey guys. I'd be interested as well. My schedule is a little erratic though - we just had a baby. :argh:

Rkhon
05-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Congrats atomictoaster!

Another to add to the list. Does anyone know of any upcoming CG related events coming up in the area?

AndyDay
05-25-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm in Providence, and whatever you guys are planning, count me in!

Rkhon
05-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Up to 8 interested peeps now. We need to find a time, place, or event and more people of course to make this chapter the real deal! :P

Enlighter
06-03-2005, 01:37 AM
I am down. I actually attend the post mortems from time to time with my company. But yeh I am down for whatever. I am in cambridge.

barcode
06-25-2005, 08:30 AM
I'm from upstate NY and Vermont area but I've been to Boston Post Mortem a bunch of times and would be up for attending a local CG Society meeting.

JDex
07-02-2005, 04:27 AM
I've been crazy busy... but I'll do my best to be there if a meeting place is decided upon. I don't see any sure-thing events upcoming in the area... a couple of user group meetings in the Boston area, but they're rather random in topic.

Anyone see any cool events on the horizon?

Maven
07-07-2005, 08:10 PM
What about Siggraph...anyone going?

JDex
07-16-2005, 11:25 PM
What about Siggraph...anyone going?

Not this year... would love to though. :D

dubge
07-26-2005, 09:28 PM
we'll have to wait till next year when it's in Boston. I think it's next year.

JDex
07-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Yes... next year the party is coming to Beantown. Should be memorable.

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2005, 11:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.