PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Chapter...

sykosys
04-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Likely based out of Toronto. I don't know how much I can really participate, unless meetings are on the w/e. 4 hours isn't an evening commute. :) However, it would be nice to actually be able to meet with people of common spirit in Canada, even if I can only do it a couple of times a year.

Kaja
04-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Hey! I think Toronto Chapter would be a great idea ! Especially concidering how many CG schools, big and small companies, and just generally artists we've got in this city. I also find that many cg artist don't participate in online communities and "bringing it to them in person" would sertainly raise the interest. Another idea, is once we've got the chapter going we could take it to schools, and get the new generation of artists to join in.
I'm live in TO myself, and would sertainly be willing to help!:bounce:

cha0t1c1
04-30-2005, 06:48 AM
oh man I live in London, but I'lltry to go...cool

goertzen_frank
05-01-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm living it up in Sarnia, 1 hour from london.

cha0t1c1
05-01-2005, 04:46 PM
cool...we should have it in London then :D

goertzen_frank
05-02-2005, 03:38 AM
funny you should say that because I know when people visit london from toronto they can get over how clean it is =) london is great I hope to move back

timwarnock
05-02-2005, 07:34 PM
Let's do it! I'm in Oakville. Would prefer TO to London but am willing to do what ever.

sykosys
05-02-2005, 07:52 PM
In the long run, it's probably best to keep it more central if possible; right now, there may be more people in London, but as CGS picks up speed, a lot of people from Toronto and Ottawa are likely to chime in. We don't want to base the chapter somewhere that is inconvenient to most.

But, then again, it can always be moved...

London is pretty much out of the question for me, though. :(

Kaja
05-02-2005, 08:36 PM
I really don't see why this should be a CGSociety gig. There's a lot more members in the general area. And its not like once the chapters are up and running, we'll be requesting CGS membership confirmations for people to come in. The whole idea of Local chapters is not only to make it easyer and more fun and educational for existing members to meet in person, but also to raise the awareness and interest in CG Talk/Networks/Society etc. in general. I think that at the very least a similar thread/forum should be started in general area. The response there should be much greater, and that should really show us and the mods. how many interested members we've got outthere.:deal:

sykosys
05-02-2005, 08:49 PM
I really don't see why this should be a CGSociety gig. There's a lot more members in the general area.

You're very right. But you have to have the initial group of actual members set up the local administrative and operational guidelines of the chapter before you can start bringing new people in. If you start with the general public, it will likely result in a free-for-all. Once that's established, non-members can join in for one or two meetings before they're required to become members...

After all, if it's just a CGTalk meeting, why even bother with a chapter, or the society as a whole? :)

Kaja
05-02-2005, 09:32 PM
After all, if it's just a CGTalk meeting, why even bother with a chapter, or the society as a whole? :)

Hey, cool with me! And if thats the case, then I suggest using the Downtown Toronto HOOTERS location as our headquaters :):twisted: :bounce: :buttrock: the beer is cheap, the wings are good, they've got a patio upstairs ! What more can one ask for !

richardvacheresse
05-04-2005, 09:04 PM
london, london, and more london....does anyone really want to deal with the traffic of TO after a meeting. plus I live in london, so i am a little bias!

Gwot
05-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Heheh, I'm in London too so naturally it would be great for me! However, I can see Toronto working out much better as a hub, and it would give me an excuse to visit the big city more often. Either way, I'm all for some kindof Ontario CGS chapter - wherever it ends up.

James

bentllama
05-05-2005, 05:30 PM
i think it should be in london, at gwot's house.

i am a london native now working in seattle, so the thread caught my interest. if you guys ever have a meeting when i am back in london visiting family i will drop by...

vive la dr. disc!

Gwot
05-05-2005, 05:58 PM
You should stop by and see the new house bent! Throw some steaks on the BBQ, crack a few beers, then we can swap juicy stories about bungie and DE! =D

bentllama
05-06-2005, 09:02 AM
next time i am in town we will do so gwot...then hit the ceeps and beat up people i knew in high school! :) lol

cha0t1c1
05-06-2005, 03:00 PM
cool huys, so it's london right?

F10
05-06-2005, 11:05 PM
London is a good place to be but too far 4 me, the traffic going out of Toronto would mean i would have to take a week off work to get there. ;)

lionhoho
05-12-2005, 01:33 AM
anyway i just want to say hello to everyone and welcome to Oakville

nachogrande
06-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Hey I am from TO as well. Count me in please.

cha0t1c1
06-05-2005, 04:00 PM
man...we gotta do this soon, summer doesn't last :bounce:

Kaja
06-06-2005, 07:24 PM
I absolutely agree! Summer doesn't last long here, so we gotta do it soon. Sadly however, I've seen a few CGS members from TO lurking around, but never in this thread :shrug:
BTW ! If any of you guys are XSI users, there's going to be an XSI Toronto Club meeting next week (June 14). I'm not an XSI user myself, but with the discount we're getting here, I'm planing to learn it, so I'm going ! :) And if anyone is interested in joining me or them (the XSI group) PM me! It may just turn out to be a good opprtunity for us to meet in person, chat about the chapter and other unrelateds stuff, and maybe get the guys fro the group involved in CGS and the TO Chapter gig as well :)

nachogrande
06-06-2005, 07:31 PM
I am a 3dsmax user for myself but I was already planning to inspect XSI for a long time. It would be a good opportunity to be there and meet ppl as you said. Do you know where the event is?

Kaja
06-06-2005, 07:56 PM
here's a link to their thread http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2342499#post2342499 :)

nachogrande
06-06-2005, 08:10 PM
We can go if anyone comes.

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2005, 08:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.