PDA

View Full Version : Philly/NJ/NY

dmonk
04-29-2005, 11:50 AM
I live very close to Philly, but I know there may be more members in NY.

If anyone is interested drop me a line or chime in.
:D

Since we're all not too far away depending on how many people are from where we can decide were would be best to meet up. I figure NY would be best, but it all depends on who is interested.

About me:

I am doing freelance in the area recently and I have been doing 3d as a hobbyist and student since 1999. I'm very approachable and really like meeting new people, so I think getting a chapter together would be great.

dmonk
04-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Nobody?

Well just so you guy know, I'd definately be willing to work on setting something up, if people were interest and I knew people would show up. I could arrange for a space and maybe even someone to lend equipment for viewing reels or peoples work.

Cityboy
05-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Man dmonk. If I lived in your area I would love to be part of it. It's great to hear enthusiastic people. Unfortunately I am living in Ohio at the moment.

dmonk
05-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Man dmonk. If I lived in your area I would love to be part of it. It's great to hear enthusiastic people. Unfortunately I am living in Ohio at the moment.

I'm surprised no one is interested. I guess we'll wait and see. It wouldn't be a hard thing to set up. I think I could even get a vendor.

Teyon
05-06-2005, 11:58 AM
I live in Manhattan (went to school in Ohio though...Antioch). I think the NY members on CGTalk are few and far between. Most of the folks I've run into are living on the west coast or overseas.

dmonk
05-06-2005, 12:21 PM
I live in Manhattan (went to school in Ohio though...Antioch). I think the NY members on CGTalk are few and far between. Most of the folks I've run into are living on the west coast or overseas.

I'm sure there are a hand full within NY/NJ/PA though. Maybe they're shy.

Teyon
05-10-2005, 10:29 PM
wow, this is just sad...even the Swedes have more members then we do. :) C'mon New Yorker's! Let's get in there!

dmonk
05-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Hey Teyon,

If you actually want to put something together, I'm down. I'm already in contact with some people in my area who are interested.

I made the thread for all three states because I had no idea who would be interested or which state had more interested member.

I thinks it's reasonable driving distance for all parts. If there are more people in NY than we could meet in NY. Likewise for Philly or Jersey.

Teyon
05-25-2005, 12:00 AM
It'd be neat for sure. I don't drive but I can take a bus ride over to Jersey or Philly. However, I'm leaving for Denmark at the end of next week and won't be back until the end of June. So, anytime after that would be neat. Weekends preferably. :)

dmonk
05-25-2005, 02:54 AM
Cool Beans!

JoelOtron
05-31-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm a few miles North of Philly in Jenkintown.

Sounds interesting.

barcode
06-25-2005, 07:34 AM
I'm in upstate NY (3 hours drive to NYC) so I could attend a meeting there if it was set up with enough time to plan a trip.

RBerg45
06-27-2005, 10:47 PM
I am located on Long Island. If something could be arranged for NYC I could jump on the train and meet up pretty much any weekend. It would be impossible for me during the week.

JDex
07-02-2005, 03:40 AM
In case any of you are interested... there will be a Pixel Corps (http://www.pixelcorps.com) meeting in NYC on July 11th (5pm ) at:

MEETING DETAILS:

Host: Tekserve

Further information about getting to and from Tekserve can be found at http://www.tekserve.com/about/hours.html

Start Time: 5PM EDT

Topics
Alex Lindsay will be talking about the Pixel Corps and likely will be showing demos on a lot of cool things. The topics are not available yet, but it should be an interesting introduction to what the Pixel Corps is all about and generally a good time and place to network.

A similar meeting will be at Drexel Univ in Philly on July 12th.

MEETING DETAILS:

Host: Drexel University College of Media Arts & Design
Map: Google Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=15+North+32nd+Street,+Philadelphia,+PA&spn=0.023282,0.039669&hl=en)
Room: Room No. 28 (new screening room; best to use bldg's back entrance)

Start Time: 7PM EDT

Topics
The main topic will be greenscreen work based (at least in part) on the experiments the PXC has been doing with the CineAlta and other cameras.
Time permitting, we may also get into some mocap and matchmoving as well.

I wish I could meet anyone who attends there, but alas I should be sitting on a beach with a Corona (or 12) on those days... But I thought I'd pass the info along.

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2005, 03:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.