PDA

View Full Version : Deleting multiple anchor points?

Licanin
04-29-2005, 11:43 AM
I know this is more Illustrator question rather than Photoshop one but since there is no Illustrator forum and Photoshop has anchor points I will post here.

This is what makes me mad:

Lets say I created path object wit several points. usually if i want to delete (but not break path) some anchor points I need to go trough tedious process of clicking on every singe point I want to delete. As I said, IT IS VERY ANNOYING.
The question is: is it somehow possible to select multiple points and then delete them all at once (but without breaking path).

Thanks

larious
04-29-2005, 11:57 AM
In Illustrator:

Use the "Direct Selection Tool" and rectangle select the point's you want to delete,
once you select them then press the delete key on your keyboard.
There you go!!

Taka-

Licanin
04-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Your way breaks path. This is not what I want to do. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in last post. What I want is to remove multiple point WITHOUT BREAKING PATH into several sections.

Like this:

larious
04-29-2005, 12:46 PM
I think the only way is to use the delete anchor point tool to delete points and yet to be connected. And this is just as you said it's one by one.

Or else you can use this [Object/path/simplify] to reduce your point count, but still reserve the same shape.

Taka-

Licanin
04-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Simplify is very nice tool but it doesn't work in case when you want to be specific with points.

Simplify distributes points with it's own algorithm (witch is very good) but it doesn't give you total control witch point will be removed or redistributed.

larious
04-29-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm afraid theres not a multiple delete anchor point tool. (as to my knowledge)

If anybody knows a tool or have any script of it I'd be happy to know too.

Taka-

mdwsr
04-29-2005, 04:43 PM
I am not aware of any way to do what you ask. I tried everything I could think of and they all break the path.

Licanin
04-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Yes, I tried every possible key combination. It seems guys in Adobe had forgot about that option. :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2005, 05:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.