PDA

View Full Version : Sweden - Skellefteå

CGmonkey
04-29-2005, 09:35 AM
Anyone from the northern parts of Sweden who's interested in starting up a local chapter? :)

So far it's only me and Abbegon.

JamesMK
04-29-2005, 10:05 AM
Actually have a bunch of relatives in Skellefteå... but that's as close as I get :D

Swedish chapters will be tricky... hmm...

tozz
04-29-2005, 10:18 AM
It's a shame this country is so damn long, can't someone shrink it down a bit :p
(It's closer to Italy for me, than to our capital, or something like that) :)

JamesMK
04-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Yep, it definitely needs a good shrinking... but hey, Tozz, you seem to be pretty close to where I am at least... good enough for a south-east coast chapter :D

Damm
04-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Aww =) i'm sure we can think of something to bring us all together.

Cartesius
04-29-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm in Umeå :D

/Anders

CGmonkey
04-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Hehe Umeå works man.. :)

urgaffel
04-29-2005, 03:30 PM
If I lived in Sweden I'd say Stockholm just to be a 08 ;)

(which is what I was born as...)

CGmonkey
04-29-2005, 05:08 PM
If I lived in Sweden I'd say Stockholm just to be a 08 ;)

(which is what I was born as...)

Ah man, great to see you around.. haven't seen you around for a couple of months. I heard you were idling in #ichian though..

urgaffel
04-29-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, I have been lurking around in the dark corners feasting on babies. And during the last months I have been to busy for pretty much everything :( Dropped by in #ichian two or three times in the last 4 months I think... Sucky sucky, but whatcha gonna do?

Enayla
04-29-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm in Umeå :love:

Pity I didn't know there were CGtalkers in Skellefteå, I was there earlier this year to accept Georg Andersson's Stipendium, I would've loved to have met.

Damm
04-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Ditto!

You should come and visit Gscept which is were CgMonkey and me study CG. But hmm maybe you were at our school when you got the Georg Andersson's Stipendium =). Interesting.

We'll let you know if we're going to Umeå some time cause we've grown tired of the few bars/clubs that we have here in Ske-å so maybe we'll come down for some crazy partying =)

Enayla
04-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Heh, you should come down tomorrow. 'tis Club Greyscale at Scharinska. Mostly goths and synth and punk people, but they play nice music (occasionally) and it's more fun than the student pubs... I have some serious issues with, well, Britney Spears and whatever it is that they play there.

CGmonkey
04-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Heh, you should come down tomorrow. 'tis Club Greyscale at Scharinska. Mostly goths and synth and punk people, but they play nice music (occasionally) and it's more fun than the student pubs... I have some serious issues with, well, Britney Spears and whatever it is that they play there.

Do you actually say they've got alternative music pubs in Umeå? Oh heavens.. I've been running dry up here ;)

Damm
04-29-2005, 11:09 PM
yeah i hear you both, i didn't like going out to clubs that played mainstream music either but since i came here i couldn't do much about it :/

Enayla
04-30-2005, 12:26 AM
Weelllll... it's not like there is one here on a permanent basis. Unfortunately.

But every once in a while, there'll be Club Greyscale at Scharinska... and Scharinska usually plays okay music (not mainstream at least). It's fun. I'm not much into the crowd but I'm a sucker for some of the music at least. Maybe next time, you guys'll pop by? it'd be awesome.

Cartesius
04-30-2005, 01:03 AM
I'm in Umeå :love:

Yeah, Ålidhem rules :)

/Anders

Enayla
04-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Heheh, yes, it does. I wonder how many Umebos there are at CGtalk.

Cartesius
04-30-2005, 01:22 AM
I only know of two (you and me) but I'm sure there are others. We just need to flush them out :)

/Anders

CGmonkey
04-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Weelllll... it's not like there is one here on a permanent basis. Unfortunately.

But every once in a while, there'll be Club Greyscale at Scharinska... and Scharinska usually plays okay music (not mainstream at least). It's fun. I'm not much into the crowd but I'm a sucker for some of the music at least. Maybe next time, you guys'll pop by? it'd be awesome.

Yeah it would be awesome to drop by for an environment change.. You don't know when the next event's going to be held?

Damm
04-30-2005, 10:38 AM
yeah just let us know when the next event's going to happen and we'll be there.

furre
04-30-2005, 12:14 PM
*waves a Stockholm flag*

Or, well, moving back there in something like a month. In Växjö right now...

arvid
04-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Here's another 08 :) We've got a small event here called R&D, Research and Drinks, but most just call it the 3D-beer ;) Usually at Metro Götgatan, Södermalm. It's been a while since last time but I'll post if there's another one scheduled. It's always fun to meet others in our field of work.

:beer:

Sunbane
04-30-2005, 09:04 PM
I bet I'm pretty alone being a CGS member down here Hälsingland. All the pros are way up North! ;) Fine! I'll start my own chapter! =P

CGmonkey
04-30-2005, 11:13 PM
I bet I'm pretty alone being a CGS member down here Hälsingland. All the pros are way up North! ;) Fine! I'll start my own chapter! =P

hehe I'm from Skåne, Helsingborg originally..

tozz
05-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Skåne here too... Malmö to be exact, studying in Blekinge now though.

Damm
05-07-2005, 01:25 AM
Yup same here. Almost =) I come from Malmö but study in Ske-å. It's a really nice place but i wish there were more stuff going on :/. Well, Umeå i next i guess =)

NinjaFredde
05-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Here's another 08 :) We've got a small event here called R&D, Research and Drinks, but most just call it the 3D-beer ;) Usually at Metro Götgatan, Södermalm. It's been a while since last time but I'll post if there's another one scheduled. It's always fun to meet others in our field of work.

:beer:

3D and beer! What a perfect symbiosis! How long have this been happening and when is the next one? I've been exiled in London for a while but now I'm back in good old Stockholm so I'm keen to know what's going on here.

arvid
05-09-2005, 08:28 AM
3D and beer! What a perfect symbiosis!
Yea, isn't it? :D

It's been on and off for a couple of years I guess, it's the FilmTecknarna-guys who started it, with Ulf Lundgren and a couple more. Don't know if he's in town at the moment, that's usually the determining factor :) I'll ask around.

arvid
05-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Hey, speak of the devil... :D
Ulf just popped back up, there will be a 3D-beer gathering this wednesday :)

Metro, Götgatan. Wednesday May 11th. 19-20ish o'clock.

C'ya there :beer:

Damm
05-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Oh i wish i could be there =(

NinjaFredde
05-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Hey, speak of the devil... :D
Ulf just popped back up, there will be a 3D-beer gathering this wednesday :)

Metro, Götgatan. Wednesday May 11th. 19-20ish o'clock.

C'ya there :beer:

Great timing :) Yay! I'll definately try and make it. I'll carry a big sign saying "3D dude" hehe

arvid
05-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Cool :thumbsup: Look for the big heap of nerds :scream:

mireneye
05-12-2005, 11:02 PM
I live between Skellefteå and Umeå, so mayhaps I could join in. I just need to be able to make sure which times works for me, and everyone so to speak. Im still in school so thats a kind of problem. But I assume these things would be done over weekends.

Linda you go to Greyscale ? thats very cool, ive been wanting to go there. Ive heard about it, however, im more of a raver... And litsenes to Psychadelic Trance and some other stuff. But I use to say that almost all kinds of music has some artist that really gets it done good. Just that i find most satisfaction in trance.

I may be goin to the CG school in skellefteå after next year in school... that is if i make it in... I think I should be able to thou ;).

Cheers all!

mireneye
08-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Im seriously wondering why did this just die ? I thought something would spring from it ?

Cartesius
08-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Im seriously wondering why did this just die ? I thought something would spring from it ?

Norrland is big, you know... It would be cool to organize something, though.

/Anders

mireneye
09-01-2005, 09:52 AM
True it's big... But maybe you could make a longer 'meeting' but also longer wait time... like 3 months between the meetings. thats 4 meetings a year and gives people time to plan ahead to be able to travel to the place where they"we" agree upon.

Enayla
09-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Linda you go to Greyscale ? thats very cool, ive been wanting to go there. Ive heard about it, however, im more of a raver... And litsenes to Psychadelic Trance and some other stuff. But I use to say that almost all kinds of music has some artist that really gets it done good. Just that i find most satisfaction in trance.

I do, though the crowd is honestly a little bit too gothy for my taste. I go anyway because, well, there's really nowhere else TO go.

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2005, 03:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.