PDA

View Full Version : which plants can't you create in Vue5I?

frank10
04-29-2005, 09:13 AM
From the vue site I cannot find a list of the plants/trees that are included
in Vue5I, and I read that you cannot build completely new plants in the plant editor.

So anyone who owns Vue5I can share some info on what trees are included or
which are the trees actually it is very difficult or impossible to create?
For example, pines, oaks...

Thanks
Francesco

bruno021
05-06-2005, 05:39 PM
The plants in Infinite are the same as the ones in Vue5 Esprit. If you have Vue5E, or if you download the demo, you can have a look at the plants.
Plant editing is very simple: you can change a few things, like the size of leaves & petals, the way branches drool or gnarl, but you can't ADD anything, you modify the existing geometry only. You can change the materials too, this works fine with barks and branches, but if you want to change the leaves or petals materials, well, good luck!
Xfrog is still way ahead for doing this!

Mike.H
05-06-2005, 06:37 PM
not sure if i misunderstood your reply so sorry if i did :) but you can change leafīs and with the help of eco systems actually add fruits/birds/etc to your vue trees.

still behind xfrog tho as mentioned but itīs improving ever so slowly, and the tree wind effect in v5I is of course worth a few + aswell.

bruno021
05-09-2005, 12:12 AM
What I meant is you can't add branches or leaves, you just use the components that are already made by Vue. Of course with ecosystems, you can add realism to the plants, but the geometry of the plants won't be changed.

Mike.H
05-09-2005, 08:22 AM
yep that is correct and a big shame, it would have been a realy welcome addition to v5I getting abit more control over creating plants.

Wabe
05-09-2005, 08:25 AM
Have you looked at Dreampaints free plant collections?

http://dreamp.club.fr/plante1e.htm

I think there you find a lot of things that you might want to use.

Mike.H
05-09-2005, 02:39 PM
lol im not sure feeling a īlil lost now not sure if this is the plants he released in the beta test channel quite a long time ago or not, guess iīll have to download them and check em out but they look pretty similar to what i already have :)

if itīs the same plants they are real good.

Wabe
05-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Well, of course they are published in the beta tester channel already. And even at Renderosity they were offered already i think. But maybe some here still do not know them and therefore maybe want to check them out.

Yes, they are really good i think too!

frank10
05-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Ok, thanks for the info.
So, if I understood well, is it possible to add new kind of leaves to the current branches?
Can you add 3d geometry or some 2d textures replacing the custom ones?
This is interesting also for the fruits. I haven't seen any trees with fruits; have you some link?

Also I looked around and cannot find any pine. Have you?

Thanks
Francesco

Wabe
05-11-2005, 07:23 AM
I am not a botanica wizzard at all. But i will try to answer your questions.

#1 there is one fir tree in the standard set. I think it is possible to modify that to get a pine. But you are right, there is no pine tree as far as i know. Maybe someone creates some "leaves" for that and does one. Should be possible.

#2 you can't add 3D geometry, you can only modify the existing ones. In a more limited way than for example TreePro or XFrog. By any reason E-on has not allowed to add subsets for the customers (or delete them) so we have to find a plant that has the right amount of subsets and modify that to our needs.

#3 fruits. No, as far as i know there are no trees with fruits around. But someone at Renderosity came up with a very interesting idea. To use the leaves materials of a tree as an ecosystem and add whatever you want there. This should be possible and could bring some very interesting results. But so far i haven't seen a picture where someone has worked on that more than the original idea scribble - so to say.

Back to the pine thingie. I normally use the OldWood pines package for Poser, imported into Vue that is available at RDNA. Looks good even when it is not as flexible as it maybe needs to be. Especially because Vue modulates each plant you create slightly itself so that all look a little different. Imported objects of course have all the same shape and need some more work to cover that a little.

Mike.H
05-11-2005, 01:22 PM
not sure about seeing any fruit renders but i did see renders based on the idea that wabe is talking about that used it to add birds to the trees due to the eco system.

so if birds is possible fruits shouldnt be any harder.

Wabe
05-11-2005, 02:20 PM
http://www.wabe3d.de/3dfanatics/diverses/fruit_test.jpg

Did a quick little test with fruits. Here a quick rendering.

10 minutes to do maximum. I made an Ecosystem from the leaves material and used a sphere with lava material for the fruits/blossoms.

http://www.wabe3d.de/3dfanatics/test/fruit_test.jpg

Mike.H
05-11-2005, 03:06 PM
looking pretty good to wabe, in my opinion :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2005, 03:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.