PDA

View Full Version : PAR Troubles

Tiziano
04-29-2005, 05:43 AM
Here's my routine:
-Created an image sequence in Cinema 4d
-Rendered as 720 x 480, PAR 1 to 1 (this may have been my initial error but this is too late to fix)
-Brought this into AE (720 x 480 NTSC DV, .9 PAR) and, using 3d layers, added some rotoscoped video of people walking
-Rendered and brought the export into Final Cut Express for some editing
-Exported to Compressor
-Made a DVD with DVD Studio Pro

The result, vertically stretched video.

What am I doing wrong and/or how can I fix it?
It's too late to rerender out of Cinema (3 days of rendering!), but I can redo everything after that.

Can I reinterperate the Cinema image sequences when I import into AE as Square PAR but then render out in a way that through FCE/DVDSP it ends up corrent on an NTSC 4:3 TV?

The rotosopes are DV straight from a Canon GL-1 and therefore do not look stretched. Once they're added into the composite they look fine. It's just that the C4d image sequences aspect is off.

So, do I need to first rerender the rotos with a wrong PAR to match the wrong PAR on the C4d images?

This way I'd have a singular problem and then apply whatever 'fix' you all come up with to the whole thing.

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2005, 05:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.