http://www.duran-duboi.com/duran/news.htm

click on video on the bottom right.

juntao
10-06-2002, 01:12 AM
i agree.................its pretty interesting

i would like to see a fully rendered version of that though

SheepFactory
10-06-2002, 01:13 AM
I think its beautiful because its not fully rendered. Just something new for a change , also gives you a good idea about how duran-duboi models their polygons :D

Per-Anders
10-06-2002, 02:27 AM
hmmm... i think only to a degree... how many programs have full shadow casting in their displays? it's pretty funky though, and the concept goes really well with the music.

danRod
10-06-2002, 04:38 AM
Well, what can I say...I like it.

The whole retro feel to it is well done. The story line is good also. Great job on tieing in the rubbies with the record player.
:thumbsup:

Gentle Fury
10-06-2002, 04:54 AM
very sweet......unfortunatly being a texture and lighting artist......now i wanna see it "done" The concept was great, but i would be excellant if it were actually finished :)

Happy Rendering!!!!!

cloak
10-06-2002, 07:51 AM
god I'd love to find that mix for the child... arg it's stuck in my head..

AnimBot
10-06-2002, 08:27 AM
Nice! Does anyone know what song that is and who the artist is that's singing it?

arvid
10-06-2002, 01:15 PM
I don't get it..
57 days of modelling, 48 days of animation, and 32 days of rendering, sounds like a *lot* it wasnt exactly any character animation involved ;)

But taken out of that context it was pretty cool and stylish ;)

Matt-Clark
10-06-2002, 01:18 PM
It's 'Use me' by Alex Gopher.

I can't believe we have comments like 'finish it' or 'texture it'. It's like you've missed the whole point.

sicean
10-06-2002, 02:32 PM
this is what happened when monet started the impressionists movement. his work was declared "unfinished."

TapioKa
10-06-2002, 04:28 PM
Personally, I think it is a very good piece.

Stylistically, it is excellent, and the story nice too.

Reminds me of a nice animatic. I like how they kept the nulls and path splines, it adds to the effect. The choice of shots very nice too.

To the average person they wouldn't mind, but to me alot of characters in the reference pose bothers me a bit. But It probably adds to the effect though. Reminds me of the Xmix videos of the 90's.

Bon Travail!

KingMob
10-06-2002, 05:49 PM
i dunno, I like it, but my friends (who are not into computers at all, or 3d or cg or nuthin) said it looked lame.

I guess it's a someone who works with the stuff, we appreciate something different, but for the layman, it looks boring.

I liked a lot of it tho,especially the transitions between scenes, I thought that was very creative.

ZONKS
10-07-2002, 10:32 PM
Exactly, Matt.

I love this studio's work, and it's unfortunate that some people don't get what they're doing. It's something that drives the post-modern art world--doing something different. We don't see enough of it in 3D, but I, for one, am disappointed and glad at the same time--it leaves more things undone for me :).

Hell, even in film, which is a super-new medium, nearly everything's been done already. Most of it's been done in closed circles of experimental artists though, and maybe that's the way it'll always be in 3D, because film and CG share the overwhelming nature of being a commercial medium; a blessing, in a way, I think.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.