PDA

View Full Version : List and descrption of AE effects?

Rapier
04-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Hi all. I recently found a printed .pdf at home which had a very comprehensive and detailed description of all of AE's Effects, sorted by menu. The .pdf was for AE 5.5, but it is very handy. I was looking for the same type of .pdf for AE 6.5, but can not find it anywhere. I also can't even find the AE 5.5 .pdf online either, and can not remember where I downloaded and printed it from.

Does anyone know if there is a list for 6.5?

Thanks

EDIT: Found this link just now, looking again, it's the one for AE 5.5:

technology.communication.utexas.edu/dv/PDF/ae_effectsindex.pdf

Rapier
05-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Anyone know of another list for 6.5?

mdurwin
05-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Are you talking about the standard list of effects or are you including all of the third party plugins. It'd be easy enough to open your effects menu and type them out. Mine would look different because of all of the yummy plugins.

Netuok
05-09-2005, 05:43 AM
I would like to know a place that has a list of third party plugins and a description on what it does and about. would be very useful instead of searching thru 100s of plugins and trying all of them out looking for the effect you need.

mdurwin
05-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Here's the list from adobe.com:
http://www.adobe.com/products/plugins/aftereffects/main.html

Here's another from 3dlinks.com:
http://www.3dlinks.com/links.cfm?categoryid=8&subcategoryid=73

I found them on the first page of my Google search for "after effects plugins".

Rapier
05-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Are you talking about the standard list of effects or are you including all of the third party plugins. It'd be easy enough to open your effects menu and type them out. Mine would look different because of all of the yummy plugins.

I was indeed talking about a list of the standard plugins for AE 6.5. If you download and look through the .pdf I linked in my first post, you will see that it looks like Adobe created the document. I had simply hoped there was one for 6.5. It is helpfull to have the ability to leaf through a printed copy of the effects.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

mdurwin
05-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Have you tried printing out the Effects Overview in the help menu? It lists all of the effects, shows how they work with an original and effect-applied image. Click on Help|Effects Help. Then from the web page scroll down and click on Overview of All Effects.

Rapier
05-09-2005, 07:55 PM
That will work. It will be somewhat of a chore as they are all separate, but it will get me what I need.

Thanks for the help.

mdurwin
05-09-2005, 08:02 PM
When I found them I decided to print them out. It took me 10 minutes. If that is too much of a chore you could always flip to page 499 in the user manual.

Rapier
05-09-2005, 09:02 PM
:) I wish I had a manual! When our school's Tech guy ordered the video suite, only the discs and serials came. I thought that was a little odd, and the classes I teach could have benefitted from the manuals, but alas, they didn't come. The Help menu will do exactly what I want, and with color pictures as well. So that is actually kind of a bonus I wouldn't have had with just a list & description. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the help.

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2005, 09:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.