PDA

View Full Version : My 1st post, a guitar

DeathCarrot
10-05-2002, 10:18 PM
Hi all, I've been reading the forums for some time now, never got the courage to post summing before, well, this is currently my best piece, I'm 15 and have only been in 3D modelling for about a year, but I've really only started putting effort into it a few months ago.
This is all done on C4D XL7 and a bit on photoshop, suggestions/comments/rants welcome

http://graphicheaven.homestead.com/files/newgeetar.jpg
Based on my own ibanez rg220b (:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock: ), but this one is a 7 string model, and some other minor adjustments.:buttrock:

Lindset
10-05-2002, 10:54 PM
Looks good, although I think the surface is a bit too reflective

True
10-06-2002, 12:32 AM
Cool, but I think that the background has a little too much blur on. great going though.

True.

Joril
10-06-2002, 11:31 AM
I don't know much about guitars, but the edges look too sharp.

Arcana_x
10-06-2002, 11:38 AM
i cant believe your only 15 and creating images like this.... keep it up man!

i think the reflection is about right....you should see my red jackson RR3 i keep it well polished and its almost like 50% mirror at that angle.

i think if anything major.....i would say the edges could be beveled slightly more. thats what stands out the most to me.
not too much more though.

it would also be nice to see more highlights on the floyd rose bridge. mine is black but pretty damn shiny too.
black floyd rose (http://w3.informatik.gu.se/~dixi/img/jackson.gif)

kassinopious
10-06-2002, 07:06 PM
wow, very nice model man! gj. but whats goin on with the fretboard? the frets dont look as if they are spaced right because some of them have white wood between and some brown :/

other than that greats stuff :thumbsup: :bounce:

im currently working on a model of my Maverick F-1 guitar :)

DeathCarrot
10-06-2002, 07:19 PM
Thanks for all the comments, I think the texture is good enough, if i decrease the reflection it just looks dirty. I know the model looks quite sharp around the edges, but i've made the thing editable, and i dont know how you can bevel the edges once youre working with polygons in c4d. And i'm looking forward to seeing your F1 :airguitar kassinopious, I've always wanted an F3 or an F2, but 600 is a bit over my price range. I got my RG220B, i think i might have a pic at http://graphicheaven.homestead.com/files/ibby.jpg
And the fret markers are Gibson style, most (if not all) gibsons like the les pauls, have that style frets.

rason
10-06-2002, 07:21 PM
need improvement

guitar is to reflective and the background is blurry, which i dont mind, but the right part of the background isnt blurred out

other wise great job:eek:

piajartist
10-06-2002, 07:45 PM
like the depth of field you did! Thats why its blurry, for the person that commented on the blurriness, thats a good thing.

rattfink
10-07-2002, 05:35 AM
nice image...the bricks look too smooth,

btw is that amp a Marshall MGCD10? how is it (in real life)?

PureFire
10-07-2002, 07:59 AM
the amp and background make it all look toyish...but it a very nice...as mentioned just the edges need bevel.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.