PDA

View Full Version : New Age Music

FreshFish801
04-28-2005, 06:54 PM
I think New Age Music is very inspiring to listen to because it takes your mind to another world. Especially when you are drawing or doing something creative. It calms your mind.
How many of you guys like to listen to New Age Music, share some cool new age musicians that are good to listen to. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Here some that I listen to: Yanni, Mehdi, Vangelis, David Arkenstone, Secret Garden, Jesse Cook (Great Guitar Music) , Pure moods and Hans Zimmer.

StephanD
04-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Yes it's inspiring. :)

Narada sampler 1

Kitaro

Arkenstone

David Lanz and Paul Speer

All good!

Marc-OlivierBouchard
04-28-2005, 07:27 PM
What was the previous age of "new" age?

JMcWilliams
04-28-2005, 09:20 PM
What was the previous age of "new" age?

Good.

:P (j/k) hehe

Rain man would be Hans Zimmers contribution?

MrGrinch
04-28-2005, 11:44 PM
It's interesting that "new age" often refers to things that have their base in ancient cultures.
Me personally, I like to listen to Enya and celestial music by Hildegard von Bingen for inspiration.

StealthPharaoh
04-29-2005, 04:25 AM
i like some of the new age music but i prefer ambeint music much more..there is a lot of difference between both but they're usually mistaken as one because some artists make music that fits in both genres like vangelis and others

i like Vangelis and Hans Zimmer the most...Kitaro,Tony O'conor,Llewellyn,Suzanne Ciani and Ron Boots are very good too but i just don't like them that much

i also like Enigma,delerium and deep forest but don't know where their music fit really..their style is very mixed and changing

Sid Barnhoorn
06-03-2005, 08:58 AM
I love new-age music. I write new-age/ambient stuff myself. Check it out, perhaps you like it, perhaps not one bit but I'd like to know what you think:

http://student-kmt.hku.nl/~sid/downloads/cybernetics2.mp3

Tell me what ya think.

Cheers,

Sid Barnhoorn
06-15-2005, 06:18 PM
(up) :P r

kevin3d
06-15-2005, 06:37 PM
An online "radio station " for newage music that I enjoy is http://www.accuradio.com/textures/

ThirdEye
06-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Sorry, i'm alone here but my opinion about new age music is different from yours. I'm all for ambient music in both the classical (Erik Satie, Brian Eno) sense and the modern one (Autechre, Aphex Twin) but i really find New Age booooring. :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
06-15-2005, 07:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.