PDA

View Full Version : LCDs

penpen
10-05-2002, 08:03 PM
First off, would like to say that this board is one of the most helpful resources I have found on the web.

I have done a search on the web board but it seems most people have very strong opinions about LCDs. Although the thought of getting a new 21 inch monitor is quite appealing, due to the lack of space on my desk, I think I would rather go for a good LCD. Does any one have any suggestions? I was looking at something with a DVI connector and in a recent 3d world magazine, they recommended a viewsonic VP201m but the contrast ratio isn't exactly that high.

this monitor is primarily for maya but I have a 17 incher or I could use my current 19 incher for color correction/texture generation so I dunno if the contrast issues would be that bad.

Oh, I currently run in 1600x1200 and I don't want to go any lower than that. I am aware that dot pitch is much higher on LCDs but I really don't want to spend some exhorbant amount of money on it preferably less than $2000 US

Thanks.

GregHess
10-06-2002, 06:39 PM
Hey Penpen,

Dell makes a 20.1 inch LCD with a 1600x1200 resolution. It used to be on sale for something like 900 USD. I'd check hot-deals.org and see if the coupons for it are still active.

Thats at least one display for you to check out. I myself don't work very well at 1600x1200 (everything is too tiny heh, personal preference.), so I don't know much about LCD's running at that resolution.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.