PDA

View Full Version : Just got the Gnomon DVD

TraceR
04-28-2005, 04:10 PM
The Gnomon DVD just came in the mail today. I am new to photoshop and figured this would help me get better at using it. I am a 3d artist, but I want to get more familiar with PS so I can paint my own texures and post pro my final renders.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has used seen this DVD and what you think of it. It looks like you have to have a screen res of 1280 x 1024. I am on 1152 x 864. Will I have to change my screen res just to watch this? This does look helpful though. I am sure I will learn a lot.

Here is the DVD link by the way: http://thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/dpa01.html

TraceR

Tsukiyono
04-28-2005, 04:25 PM
I actually just got that DVD myself... and i like what i have gotten from it already, i learned several things.. i had almost no knowledge before hand of photoshop, while i am still not great with it, i learned alot, so that makes it worth it to me.

I dont think this would be a stand alone photoshop learning, but it was helpful for me.

As to the screen res.... if you open Mycomputer... make it to show hidden folders and explore the DVD disc... you can watch the videos in Quicktime and then you can see the entire screen. At least that is what i had to do.

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2005, 04:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.