PDA

View Full Version : Lost / hidden option box.

KevinCCAD
04-28-2005, 07:01 AM
I am usually able to figure out my Photoshop problems but this one is just annoying. I've lost one of my option boxes, I know it is still popping up though. So, I go to adjustments then Brightness & Contrast, here it won't let me click anything until I've made my decision on my brightness contrast settings and either clicked Ok, or cancel, but the problem is the box that should pop up is off my screen so I can't actually adjust anything. To unfreeze I have to press enter or escape which is like clicking the cancel or ok, even though I can't see it.

This may have something to do with my working on an external monitor from my laptop because some kid shot my lcd with a pellet gun. I assumed when I took apart the screen and unplugged the panel that the computer thinks this monitor is my default and stopped treating it as a dual, everything seemed to be going ok until I ran into this problem.

Any ideas? I tried the fit to window but that's just for the image that's open, they need to add an option to move option boxes, like a snap to center or top left or something if there isn't one already.

halo
04-28-2005, 08:24 AM
it doesnt know your second monitor is gone...i think you need to trash prefs.

KevinCCAD
04-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Unfortunately I'm working with a PC. Maybe I'll have to just find a way around brightness contrast with levels and the lightness option in the Hue/saturation option box until I can get my other panel installed. The panel is back home and I'm in college.

davpunk
04-28-2005, 05:23 PM
thats yer problem. dont ever use the brightness/contrast tool. Its useless, you have way more control with Levels anyway. :P

halo
04-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately I'm working with a PC

you'll have a prefs file somewhere...i'm sure...maybe worth a trip to the adobeforums to find out where it is.

SearchIn
04-29-2005, 02:37 AM
you could try to jack the resolution on your monitor all the way up, if it isn't already. when you start photoshop again, the pannels that were out of reach will hopefully fit into your monitor for selection.

larious
04-29-2005, 04:28 AM
Hi KevinCCAD,

Do you mean that the dialog box pops up but it's somewhere out of the scene??
If so try this, when the dialog pops up(this is when you apply hue/saturation, though you won't see the dialog box because it's off the screen) press the shortcut key Alt+spacebar and choose "move" then you use your up/down/left/right (arrow keys) and you will be able to move your dialog box back to your screen. If you know just about on which side of the screen the dialog box is hidden it will be an easy task, if not you might have to hunt around a little to get it back on your screen.
Good Luck!!

Taka-

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2005, 04:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.