PDA

View Full Version : Character: semi-character :)

Sevarf2
10-05-2002, 05:20 PM
Well, I've finished this image for a small commercial poster.:scream:

What do you think????

pluMmet
10-05-2002, 11:36 PM
nice....although the vain is a little dark, unless it's vericose...lol

True
10-06-2002, 12:19 AM
That texture looks like real skin! where did you get it?
Nice so far.

True.

Frank Dodd
10-06-2002, 10:40 AM
nice well constructed image but yes I agree that vein does catch the eye a bit too much, I like the skin shader but there is something about it that I cant quite put my finger on, perhaps its the tone or the highlight on the foot or maybe its just me :) its well modelled though. What do you plan on doing with this poster?

ReinS
10-06-2002, 11:19 AM
Sorry dudes, but what is 'vein'..?? :) if it are those blue things; I agree with you :D

for the rest
rocking image :D:buttrock:

Joril
10-06-2002, 11:29 AM
I have to agree with Frank Dodd, somrthing looks out of place, the picture is really dark and the highlights on the skin look kinda harsh, make em softer.

evilmaul
10-06-2002, 01:48 PM
ciao.....

la modellazione mi piace, anche il texturing in cui perņ ci sono un paio di cose che danno fastidio tipo le vene, come gia detto da altri, e forse un bump leggermente esagerato che sembra mettere in risalto nella parte superiore (quella a bordo immagine) la pratica depilatoria femminile :-)
Comunque + di tutto a me fa strano la posa , che sembra un po innaturale....trovo che le gambe siano un po troppo aperte!
Ovviamente č la mia opinione.....per il resto il lavoro č ottimo.

Sevarf2
10-06-2002, 02:41 PM
Thanks all guys. :bounce:
Yes I'll change the hightlights and make the skin more soft and correct the lights.
The skin texture is composed in photoshop. I started with a digital photo of a human skin and retouched for the map.
Rendered in max with brazil.
The poster is for an estetic centre. that is the request image.

slaughters
10-06-2002, 02:42 PM
Guys,

Look at your own feet, the vein is just fine. It's nice to see *real* feet as apposed to some teenagers fantasy about how they should look.

As for the skin texture, there is slightly too much specularity/shine.

JacobB
10-06-2002, 03:26 PM
I agree with it being to dark, just suggestion but you should try and give her a slight sock tan line.

stephen2002
10-06-2002, 04:40 PM
her stance seems to have her legs spread too far apart, just looks odd...depending on how you wanted it to be interpreted.

walee
10-07-2002, 07:53 AM
I like your lighting, i like the realistic feel of your character standing on the floor.

how many light did you use ?

Can you post a wireframe of your shot ?

good work :thumbsup:

Sevarf2
10-08-2002, 12:55 PM
walee: for you. Thanks
For this scena I've used two light. One, keylight is a omni light and the second to fill the shadows is a spot light with very low level of diffusion and no specular. the rest is made by skylight of brazil.

walee
10-08-2002, 01:36 PM
nice wire. how about the low rez version without the meshsmooth :p ?

Now I understand why you character is sticking to the floor in such a believable way: Brazil Skylight !!! I was hoping you didn't use any Global Illum renderer, because I am currently trying to get the same but without the global illumination. I am working on a short animation and though global illumination give such a nice effet, if you don't push up the numbers of ray you will get some flickering artifact on your animation. And I can't afford to render it using brute force rendering.

HapZungLam
10-08-2002, 02:36 PM
humm. so far so good. keep it up.

paconavarro
10-08-2002, 03:04 PM
I think you got the point of the dark pic, but also I think that the roughness and the color of the skin makes it look dirty, and unshaved (thats even worst).... but that“s just my impession.. :)

great work... really nice modeling :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.