PDA

View Full Version : vehicle: Apache

Kustro
10-05-2002, 05:42 PM
hello alll !

here is my apache .. i made it in about 5-6 weeks ( i am still a beginner :rolleyes: )

http://freeweb.siol.net/opeka43/apache.jpg

here you can download VRmov version of it ( 4 MB ) :

http://freeweb.siol.net/opeka43/apache.rar

lots of comments please :)

otacon
10-05-2002, 05:47 PM
Awesome!:applause:

SheepFactory
10-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Great model ,

One crit: The angle suggests that the apaches are in flight , yet they are on the ground , they look like apache go-carts.

either make them airborne or change the angle to something less tilted so we can see they are on the ground.

TheWraith
10-05-2002, 08:11 PM
might wanna change that background too. or at least adjust it. looks too flat compared to the camera angle of the concrete.

misterboogie
10-05-2002, 08:38 PM
I love the Apache!

Incredible work for a beginner!!

Danoku
10-05-2002, 10:16 PM
(best m burns voice ) exxxccelllleeeentttt

Nice modeling, verry niiiice, would love to see the wires my man. Only crit from me is in regard to the texturing. You have got the color bang on, and that shade of OD is harder to get than most folks think, only problem i can see is the specular, the highlight is makingi t look a little too much toward the plastic side of things not metal or crabon fiber, and some grunge would be sweet, the army rides those things hard and puts them away wet. Only the airshow birds look that clean. Sweet modelling good texture but ithink if you grunge her up your going to have something reallly special.:thumbsup:

Tumerboy
10-06-2002, 04:18 AM
Very nice model! I think you're close on the color, but I think it's too blue, it needs to be at the yellow edge of the same tone.

check here: http://www.voodoo.cz/ah64/gal1.html

how many polys, and what size texture maps (and how many?)?

Mind showing a wire and your UVs?

Nice work.

also, what package.

-Nick

RobinOberg
10-06-2002, 09:09 AM
reminds me of the movie Mindstorm(aka Project: Human Weapon) where they have only cg helicopters but they look darn real.

stephen2002
10-06-2002, 05:45 PM
looks great. Modeling is very realistic, I wouldn't call yourself a beginner after producing that image.

Although, after seeing some pictures of the real apache, I must agree that it looks too blue. That might just be your lighting setup.

pants
10-06-2002, 10:54 PM
ya, i've got to agree, that's not looking too beginner-ish by any stretch of the imagination.

great job.

facial
10-07-2002, 10:46 AM
i love this stuff, i think it will better if some details of the nearest one made by model.
Well done,:applause: :applause:

LyonHaert
10-08-2002, 12:16 AM
very nice work so far. however, i do agree that the camera orientation is a bit extreme, but that's negligible considering other factors.

the camera's lense angle is wide enough that it has begun to look surreal.

i can see various polygon edges all over the place, too. anything with curves needs much more geometry in order to appear curved.

you might also consider -- for a future version of the model, perhaps -- modeling the panel and rivet details. it's currently far too obvious that it is done via textures instead of being modeled.

very nice recreation

Kustro
10-09-2002, 11:13 AM
thanks for comments everyone ! :thumbsup:

here is wire + polycount .. its done in max4 + brazil for render
http://freeweb.siol.net/opeka43/wire.jpg

there are around 80 different textures on the model .. bigest one is 2500x2000 :p all textures are done with Fireworks

alfred_ding
10-09-2002, 11:15 AM
HOHO~~~:bounce:

redwing
10-09-2002, 11:18 AM
wonderful:bounce:

DanielJ
10-09-2002, 12:50 PM
very nice:eek:
like it

AJ HarOK
10-09-2002, 01:00 PM
Kustro zelo lepo, se vidimo kaj na 3delavnici :beer:

Najd
10-09-2002, 01:30 PM
Hey ! :buttrock: Really nice, love the details and all.
The angle of the render is maybe a bad choice for this one...
but anyway, it rocks

darkxsi
10-09-2002, 01:35 PM
:bounce: Very good model, have you create this model for real tine aplication ?

the texture is very work

Fede
10-09-2002, 01:50 PM
WOW I'm a beginner too and i don't think i could pull that off.

I think you stopped being a beginner the day you rendered that out.

Keep it up, and let's see some animation going.

Later

Skyraider3D
10-09-2002, 02:53 PM
Wicked! Nice and tidy model. Textures are good and the dept of field works nicely in your render. Can we see a more photorealistic action scene now, please? :D

HapZungLam
10-09-2002, 03:02 PM
Very nice. However, you can do better. My suggestions is to add just a little dirt around some of the area like corners and stuff.

In detail, i dont' knwo how to explain to you. But some area like near the engine, or some area around the gun. Because of the heat and fire, it always turn black. Some area below the wings, Because of the structure. It courses the water marks. soemthing like that. I don't hhave a reference, so i maybe wrong.

but, sometimes you may not have to copy like the same as the reference. you may add someof yor own ideas and detail. If it doesn't look right, then just take it off.

michaelhughes
10-09-2002, 06:26 PM
Hey would you be interested in a job? That is damn good and the high polygon look we are going for. If so contact me.

<michael hughes>
mhughes@13gaming.com

Stupeyfied
10-10-2002, 03:43 PM
Very sweet man...nice attention to detail!! The tires even sag and bulge from the weight of the craft...very cool...And I agree, you should model the pannels and rivets for a more highly detailed model for close ups....distance shots are fine with just textures, but closeups should prolly be done by modeling them.

Oh, and I would love to see a shot of these guys sneakin up behind some tanks and blowin the crap out of 'em!!! Heheheh

Rock on man!!:buttrock:

Later!

-Stupey

lmc
10-11-2002, 04:25 AM
should be more geopro right?! however, very good job:thumbsup: :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.