PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop, darker than painter...

Rizo
04-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Hello!
Well i post this in the painter forums without any results... I'm working with Painter IX and from time to time i move my work to Photoshop to make some modifications, and when i move the file from Painter IX to Photoshop CS, the image it's a lot darker in Photoshop. I save the file in Painter as .psd, RGB and Photoshop opens it also as RGB 8 bits...
If anyone out there have any idea of what is going on i'll really apreciated...
Cheers!
Rizo

halo
04-28-2005, 08:25 AM
read the sticky at the top of the forum

davpunk
04-28-2005, 05:20 PM
remember that Photoshop has its own color settings. They differ from OTHER Adobe products like Illustrator as well, so it will definitely appear differently. Painter might have some color settings to "match" Photoshop... but that is the problem. Your image is just being displayed differently in different programs due to the color settings.

halo
04-28-2005, 06:06 PM
i think adobe have addressed the issue between their apps with CS2...but yes, you need the same colour rig on all your apps and you need to understand profiles. read my post.

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2005, 06:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.