PDA

View Full Version : Prints

cg219
04-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Yall, should offer Prints. You know, like the stuff that makes it into the CGChoice Gallery. Sorta like what Deviantart does.

TheNeverman
04-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Have you been living under a rock???
Expose (http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/)

n8

-Vormav-
04-28-2005, 06:16 AM
I'm pretty sure he means individual prints. ;)
And yeah, it would be nice if something like that could be implemented.

Leonard
04-28-2005, 07:18 AM
We are only a few weeks away from offering large format CGPrints. It's all been planned already, and we'll be able to offer prints on canvas in addition to other stocks.

Leonard

-Vormav-
04-28-2005, 07:32 AM
Whoo, sounds nice.

That brings up a few questions, though. Obviously, something like this can only be implemented if people specifically design their CGTalk entrees at print resolutions. So I'm assuming this would just be an option for people when they submit work to the galleries, no? And if that's the case, is this the kind of thing that would be available across all of the galleries, or just based around the CG Choice galleries? And of course, one would have to wonder if the artist is getting any money from the prints, and whatnot.
Any insight, Leonard?
Of course if it's one of those "just wait and see things", that's fine too.

Marcel
04-28-2005, 08:26 AM
Selling prints is a very good idea. Be sure to also market them outside the CG community, I'm sure lots of people will like them.

cg219
05-01-2005, 06:18 AM
Whoo, sounds nice.

.....Obviously, something like this can only be implemented if people specifically design their CGTalk entrees at print resolutions. ...........And of course, one would have to wonder if the artist is getting any money from the prints, and whatnot.

Not sure if you've been to DevArt or not, but the artist does get a percentage of the sale. Also, it would the artists choice if he/she wants to sell them, so if they intended to, I'm pretty sure they would make the piece the proper print resolution.

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2005, 06:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.