PDA

View Full Version : Morphing images in After Effects

ArtofacksOne
04-27-2005, 04:59 PM
I have 2 products a soda bottle and a bag of chips and what I need to do is have the soda bottle morph as if it transforms into the bag of chips. I was going to do this 3d modeled but it would mean 3-d modeling about 15 products since that is what they want 15 morphs for a video production. Well I had an idea of using the 2d photography of product since it is so clean and bringing it into the c4d environment adding a floor and sky and it works cus of the natural shadows and stuff. Currently the products are mapped on a texture in a plane .

Can anyone point me to a tutorial that will help me learn the process of morphing one plane into another.

Now my original idea was to do this in c4d so i can light it and render in a 3d environment to give it more depth but one of the mebers here suggested I can do this in combustion, well I dont have combustion I have After Effects can some one point me towards a tutorial or a direction on how I may a ccomplish a morph in AE.

Thanks.
~Robert

Shayder
04-27-2005, 11:04 PM
http://www.creativecow.net/articles/zwar_chris/morph/index.html

I'ved used this with great results. Not sure what you mean about one plane to another... layers? This may help you anyways.

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2005, 11:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.